What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Um, how and or why did it fail there?

The line originally went under the master cylinder reservoir and it was touching that rubber hose with the braided covering attached to the bottom of the reservoir. Apparently, I assume that the flexible hose must have rubbed a pin hole in the metal line. It was leaking at the exact point where the metal line was touching the rubber hose.

Odd failure. It's funny to see rubber wear through steel. I once found where wire loom cut through an 8 gauge wire.

Just bought a bunch of suspension parts :/

Rear UCA Bushings (knuckle and frame), rear shocks and stainless mounts and front & rear sway bar end links.

Should be a fun weekend in the next week or two.

2014-04-13_18-41-31_347_zpslqqnwuwl.jpg

i found out whats making my driveline clunk today, i can lift up on the diff about 1/8 inch and has a very hard thud sound just like when im driving. only problem is i called autozone/napa/advance etc.. and nobody carries these bushings.
and from the markings on the diff im thinking its been replaced
im about to look on rockauto
IMG_20140413_134855683_zpshximfk9t.jpg

IMG_20140413_134744539_zpsjqcwpwbi.jpg

what does F3LW mean? does the L stand for locking?

The F3LW is just the part number, it doesnt mean locking. Trac Lok is denoted on the tag on the cover, if your tag was a Trac Lok for example it would read 3L07.

-Alan

The F3LW is just the part number, it doesnt mean locking. Trac Lok is denoted on the tag on the cover, if your tag was a Trac Lok for example it would read 3L07.

-Alan
thats what i was thinking. thanks looks like ill still need to get a trac lok then

IRS differential bushing, I am not sure if a parts house will have them, but you may still be able to get them from Ford for a 2004 Cobra.

-Alan

Just bought a bunch of suspension parts :/

Rear UCA Bushings (knuckle and frame), rear shocks and stainless mounts and front & rear sway bar end links.
----
what flavor shocks? rebuilding the rear susp would be a good write-up thread, with pics! hint hint

i took the spare tire and jack out of the 96, and placed it in the 93.
the 96 is hubswapped and cobra braked and it wouldn't fit anyway.

----
what flavor shocks? rebuilding the rear susp would be a good write-up thread, with pics! hint hint

Monroe Expert Series 5965 is the shock I went with. Paint set me back too much to go all in on shocks. Plus, I'm not a real stickler about it. Two different people said they've had these for a bit and they are holding up fine. I also bought the stainless mounts and bolts along with the bushings from Jay to go along with them.

Got the subframe bushings from SuperCoupePerformance, the knuckle bushings (RAYBESTOS) as well as the swaybar end links (MOOG) from RockAuto.

thanks! found some polyurethane ones

Where did you find them, if you don't mind me asking? Mine clunks going into reverse only. I've done the tranny mount already (Energy Suspension) and I'm pretty certain it's something to do with that. I haven't checked mine yet though.

On my 95 I changed the 6 bulbs behind the reflector to 9 element red led's. Then I re-wired the two outside ones to be brake lights. Not a gen 2, but much brighter, and more brake lights to wake up idiots texting or on the phone. Wife needed gas in the 97, and it took all day to get a tankfull of indian free gas. She had fun, and I profited over $1600. What a great day to go for a ride in a MK VIII.

Cleaned snow off of mine. :yuck:

Doesn't look like they threw salt on the roads which is good. Still can't stand looking at this stuff in April.

Members online

No members online now.
Back