Getting to be that time of year.

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
What are everybody's plans for the spring? Mods, Maintenance ect.

This weekend I'll be painting/replacing both door handles. Drivers side broke last week and the passenger side is the old version. Want to play in the doors a bit so I'll knock them both out.

Also plan on relocating my hid ballasts and switching from the 6k to 5k. That's the easier job that might just get done tonight.

Next weekend I want to remove the rear side panels to remount my x-overs, quite down the speaker grilles and lube the seatbelt retractors.

If I have time i'll be moving onto the maintenance portion on the list...Oil change, lube, undercarriage once over ect.

Then it's time to get beautiful.

-Wash undercarriage
-Clean door, trunk and engine jambs
-Clean windows, lather the leather, clean/vacuum carpets, panel wipe down
-Polish wheels
-Polish headlights
-Wash n' dry

All that'll be left is to lube the door hinges, a little paint work on the inside of the doors and touching up.

Those are my plans, what are yours?

Cliffs- I'm fixing and cleaning stuff.

Fix the damn headlights!!!!!
Finish the carbon fiber trim on my interior.
Install more blue LED and EL ambient lighting in the dash, console, and door panels, underhood, and trunk.
Install seat foam and upholstery from '97 LSC to '95 front seats (and hopefully wire up the heated seats :D).
Put rear glas from the '97 into the '95.
Install blue LED instrument lights and EATC lights.
Change transmission fluid and filter.
Replace oil filter adapter gasket.
Replace IAC and TPS.

And do a whole lot more 0-60 runs! :L

Pull the 95 out of the Garage and move it back to the shop to finish the paint. My tenative goal is to have it in paint and put together (sans drive train) by the end of summer.

Oh, and get the 97 back together.

600 posts and 2 replies? Start typing fellas, I know darn well you all have some projects planned.

1488080_698197840212286_1913185839_n.jpg
1504146_698197826878954_1597225216_n.jpg

1488080_698197840212286_1913185839_n.jpg

1504146_698197826878954_1597225216_n.jpg

Headers, new tune, tune up, trans flush, serious engine bay detailing, remove stereo, fab up a earth magnet license plate bracket, wire up fog lights, other small misc things. put some miles on it before the power tour.

After spending a couple hours underneath the car, I think next year Im going to POR15 the entire bottom side of the car. Its not rusty, but I would like it to stay that way, plus it will look alot more consistent.

SCT tune, MMR water pump and 170 degree thermostat, tints and sensor lowering are coming up soon for me...

Double Din and 5 channel amp install happening right now along with the blend door, after that restoring a rear neon, then the fun stuff can happen...

-Alan

My barn with the 97 still has a foot of snow around it so nothing there
I do plan on doing a be.controls valve body recalibration kit on my 95 soon though.

Track down the damn miss that is driving me crazy!
Then: Replace drivers seat track
Fix the Code 35 on the air bag system
Replace sun roof weatherstrip

Been consistently in the mid to upper 80s, I think the time to get the bulk of the work done on my beaters is over, and time to hope stuff doesn't break and I am out in the sun at 100+ degrees.

I still have a bashed in front end, I am not positive that the body shop can get the parts to fix it and not total it, so I have been doing the bare minimum to keep it on the road. If need be I guess they can total it and I will buy it back and get the parts, but I will lose my personalized plates, 200 registration fee, need to fix the CEL to get it to pass emissions and an inspection, and not be able to have full coverage insurance on it.

Keep mine running so I can get back/forth to work!

On a serious note: Install ASHAM8 and get her lower/level. Get GT500 hood vent installed in spare hood and test-fit to car. Get the spare carrier built up as a 4:10 Trac-Loc and installed. Get it aligned. Get headlights/tail lights treated and get grill done as an LSC unit.

Members online

Back