My new project: 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Base

98LSC32V

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I am very fortunate to have found this gem. I bought it from the original owner of the vehicle who took care of it religiously. It is the Medium Charcoal Green Metallic with Light Prairie Tan interior, a color combination that I have grown to really like. This color was only available for 1998. Only 1112 Mark VIII's came with this color in 1998, of which only 438 of the Base model spec. The car came from the factory with the following options:
  • Octastars
  • Power Glass Moonroof
  • JBL Audio
  • Homelink Garage
  • Cargo Net, California Emissions, and
It is only 1 of 529 Base Models in 1998 which came with the much sought after Octastars.

The car is bone stock with a Pioneer double din bluetooth deck, Mobil 1 in the crankcase, transmission and differential, and a panel K&N filter. My plans with this car are to make it a Mark VIII which SVT would have built if they were given the go ahead to make an SVT Mark VIII in 1998. Everything works on the car including the neon tail lamp, the power steering wheel, with the blend door (recently replaced) the A/C is ice cold. The car has pretty much been garaged its whole life.

Here she is the first night at home, parked next to the 2005 GTO.
gtolastmk8_zps1ffa4c40.jpg

The Pioneer Bluetooth deck connected to my LG G2 Android phone.
bluetooth_zps86c56eb6.jpg

The original keyless entry code from Ford Motor Company. They were truly ahead of their time, with even the base Gen 1 1993 Mark VIII models having this option in the early 1990's. (P.S. if you see me at an event don't even think about trying to sneak into my car haha.)
keyless98_zpsd086ec21.jpg

My gas mpg cruising home going 60-65mph. Gotta love a well tuned Mark VIII with 3.08 freeway gears. I'm so used to 4.10-4.30 I forgot how nice freeway gears can be!
mpgfreeway_zps034c0b26.jpg

The classic gen 2 neon tail. One of my favorite features of the gen 2 by far. This one is in great shape with no visable condensation or black spots.
lastmk8_zps2c8b7da5.jpg

Over the last few years, there have been multiple openings of gas stations selling E-85 in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is in my plans in the future... stay tuned.
e85_zpsf9a2ca30.jpg

Here is the car on this beautiful spring day in California...
8d0cbefc-5eaf-479c-b9cc-f70cf3582363_zps017ab4d4.jpg

I will update this thread as I make progress with the project "SVT Mark" so stay tuned! :Beer

With Grill painted, why not the headlight chrome too?

Wow.... You're paying for E85 what we pay for actual gas..... E-85 is about $2.50...

Some more random pics:
IMG_20140325_203613_zpsuxwxksmj.jpg

Torque Pro for Android... gotta love technology.
IMG_20140325_205358_zps7tcng8sv.jpg

Lincoln Vs Cadillac
IMG_20140325_210515_zpsqjjjeppb.jpg

Peanut Butter aka Light Ivory Tan Interior and Wood Grain
IMG_20140325_213026_zpszbhopcfh.jpg

Peanut Butter aka Light Ivory Tan Interior and Wood Grain
IMG_20140325_213026_zpszbhopcfh.jpg

Do you mean light prarie tan?

And for god sakes, if you call anything "peanut butter" make sure it's directed towards gen1s w/ saddle interior.

:confused:

Ivory is the creme color, almost white.

I know that.

He wrote "Peanut Butter aka Light Ivory Tan Interior".

I asked him if he meant to say Light prairie tan as there was no Light ivory tan option. :)

If you look at my sig I am aware of what is the proper interior color name for my 98. Thanks for noticing though.

If you look at my sig I am aware of what is the proper interior color name for my 98. Thanks for noticing though.

After hearing you refer to it as "peanut butter", I wasn't sure if you knew or not.

Your welcome.

Has the exterior been repainted with color shifting paint ??

The paint does have a type of "Mystic" vibe to it but it is the original elusive Medium Charcoal Green Metallic. Like I mentioned in the OP only 1112 Mark VIII's ever came with this color so I'm not surprised you haven't seen it before. Heck I have been around Mark VIII's since my dad bought the Pearl 95 LSC off the showroom floor in 1995 and I don't think I have ever seen this color Mark VIII.

So I today was the first day I drove the car to work which is about a 30 mile commute so I got to test some PID's in the Torque Pro app. The good news is that after a few quick WOT runs there is no detonation whatsoever. The car is at about 27 degrees of timing at WOT and the Load calculation actually hits 100% which is really impressive for a stock naturally aspirated motor. At WOT the car is using about 15-16 gallons of fuel per hour.
IMG_20140325_210658_zps6ae7e04e.jpg

I'm blown away that you can access that info from your car. Is that what I can expect to do when I finally get my SCT equipment and books you recommended? If so, perhaps I'll pawn my Tissot - it only tells time.:)

I'm astounded at 27 degrees advance. Without any pinging? The PCM does things us oldsters only dreamed of with vacuum and AvGas. I cannot wait to try it myself. Thank you again, Mr. 98LSC32V, for the tech advice.

Members online

Back