Best SCT Tuner

98LSC32V

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been out of the Mark VIII tuning scene for awhile now. Any tips on who to go to for a proper mail order SCT tune, specifically for a gen 2 Mark VIII?

I haven't done too much due diligence, just saw it was available and I think it make sense to take this to the mobile apple and android platforms. What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

I've talked to at least a couple of SCT tuners who didn't necessarily say what was wrong with them, just that they did not recommend them - at least for our cars. Now if you had a late model Mustang or Camaro, you may be satisfied.

Well the app is just the delivery mechanism, the tune is still done through SCT, you still upload it through the obd2 port so it must be that a lot of the PID's and what not don't work for datalogging on the mark viii...

From what I recall it was more a reliability issue than a compatibility issue.

Don LaSota is another competent tuner that offers "mail-order" tuning.

My son, who is not a gearhead, says I should be able to alter all the computer parameters on my car. This has to be related to this SCT you guys refer to. In the old days, I could alter my timing, mixture, fuel pressure, etc. and make my car my own creation in all ways. I must admit it was a lot of luck and perpetual adjustments, but in the end my cars were faster than my friends. Or, if traveling, I could advance and ease off the gas to get more mileage, etc. Where does a guy start for a tutorial in Lincoln computer geekdom? Which provider can educate me and provide the needed hard/software? If I'm going to make this my long-termer and sell the Mercedes, I want to be able to do it all from bags to that damn blend door.

My son, who is not a gearhead, says I should be able to alter all the computer parameters on my car. This has to be related to this SCT you guys refer to. In the old days, I could alter my timing, mixture, fuel pressure, etc. and make my car my own creation in all ways. I must admit it was a lot of luck and perpetual adjustments, but in the end my cars were faster than my friends. Or, if traveling, I could advance and ease off the gas to get more mileage, etc. Where does a guy start for a tutorial in Lincoln computer geekdom? Which provider can educate me and provide the needed hard/software? If I'm going to make this my long-termer and sell the Mercedes, I want to be able to do it all from bags to that damn blend door.

If you want access to all the parameters of the PCM, you should purchase the SCT Advantage software:
http://www.amazon.com/SCT-Performan...rds=sct+advantage+iii+ford+pro+racer+software

You will then need a mechanism to upload your tuning files to your PCM so I suggest you get an SCT Xcal 2, you can find these for a good price on Ebay. If you buy a used one make sure it is "unlocked."

Also, keep in mind that these will only work with OBD2 Mark VIII's which are 96-98. Lasota Racing has a good CD tutorial for around $30 bucks, with about 10 hours of knowledge. I also reccomend the following book:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1932494421...TF8&colid=3A3B7V192VPPP&coliid=I1WWESFO07HA8U

I'd double thank you if it would let me. Exactly what I need to know. My car is 98 LSC. Thanks again. This info should be in general knowledge.

I'd double thank you if it would let me. Exactly what I need to know. My car is 98 LSC. Thanks again. This info should be in general knowledge.

Any time David, if you have any further questions feel free to ask. I've been tinkering with the PCM's of these Mark VIII's since 2003. That's why I love car enthusiast forums, the amount of collective knowledge is awesome.

David, I'd advise you to leave the tuning to the experts. The good ones have the equipment and the facilities (Chassis Dyno's etc.) to develop their tunes, and there are no two cars that are identical. Drive-ability issues always need to be tweaked in the end. Flip chips are always great options for the performance/economy minded enthusiast. Getting a used Mark Vlll into great shape will usually take a lot of time and effort along with cash. I would suggest that you locate a good tuner (local) first and then sit down with him and lay out what you want to accomplish first before buying something that you may regret spending all your time and hard earned dollars on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back