Is this normal?

Trrrex92

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was taking apart my air filter assembly to check my MAF sensor and I was carefully removing one of the hoses and snap two of the smaller ones -_- dumb move I know..
But I then grabbed the pieces that broke and chunks of red stuff and red dust fell out of them, is that normal?
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also, my egr valve has no vaccum at all, I know it could be one of the vaccum hoses, but I don't know which hoses are what!
Anyone have a diagram of the hoses?

Do you have a picture of the hose that you broke that the red stuff came out of?
Does the red stuff feel like clay, like maybe an insect put it there?

I believe that the gen I EGR valve has a remotely located solenoid valve that controls the vacuum to the EGR. (Gen II has the solenoid valve mounted to the EGR valve itself.)

Yes, the pictures are posted above. I also temporarly taped the hoses where they broke. But it does seem like dried out clay kinda.

And I was trying to find out where the solenid for the egr valve was, haven foun anything yet.

Also I bought I used fuel pump about a month ago, and it had a inline fuel filter attached to one of the intake hoses. I didn't know the fuel pumps on the Lincoln ls was suppose to have one there.
My bad fuel pump didn't, so it kinda threw me off.

I have the hoses circled that snapped.
The other pic is of where I have them taped for now, they snaps were pretty clean so it got back together perfectly.

But where would I get replacements?
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks!
When I go to that link, there's a whole list of parts, are they all the same? Or which part number is there ones I need. I could find a part number on the actual hoses /:

Thanks!
When I go to that link, there's a whole list of parts, are they all the same? Or which part number is there ones I need. I could find a part number on the actual hoses /:

No, they are not all the same. Unfortunately, I don't have enough experience with the V6 to be sure which of those are the right ones. A dealer parts person should be able to pull up the right diagrams to identify them.

That's an expensive mistake I made /:

The problem is that those are "hard" lines. They are used because they don't deteriorate and start leaking like hoses do in that environment. Unfortunately, they do (or can) get very brittle with age and can get to be impossible to remove without breaking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back