Poll: Which placement of this 'v-8' chrome emblem do you like?

placement of the V8 emblem

• Total voters
View attachment 828466229

Here's where I put mine. I also got some flak on here when I posted the pics. :p

My thought process was this: The emblem is the 03+ Thunderbird V8 emblem from Ford, so it's legit since both cars share the same engine. And the placement was based on the Audi S series' emblem placement. Since Lincoln was going for a more "European" styling with the LS, why not duplicate the emblem placement? Anyway, my .02.

That looks good :cool:

i say no emblem, but i would go for pic 5 if dead set on using the emblem posted. if i were dead set on an emblem i would use the tbird emblem noted above.

half you guys are fckin dcks to anyone new on here. rick has a pretty unique ls and seems like a nice guy, get off his nuts. the emblem changes the whole appearance of the car and looks completely different in every place he showed it. pretty sure this type of conversation takes place every time a similar emblem is discussed on a design team.

joger was askin for that one.. kinda sad that many of you back him up when he is clearly being a dik. completely unprovoked, he comes in here swingin and in typical jogr fashion cant stand looking dumb and starts the water works. . .

keep using all of the pages of your ls shop manual related to shift timing to dry your tears ya wittle cwybaby

There are only two members on my ignore list, and they are there because they are very wrong about technical issues and have no intent to learn. For that reason, there' nothing for me to gain from them.
However, I would suggest that Rick might want to add me to his ignore list.
in other words:
wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i said 'BS' when jrand quoted the manual and then jrand posted the exact pages from the manual so i had to block him bc... sorry im tearing up just typing this... i couldnt stand the thought that someone might know more about something related to ls than me... and that maybe i have replaced a $300 part that wasnt bad and i coulda fixed it myself if i woulda read the manual instead of using it to dry my little baby tears...

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't like 'debaged' cars and I don't like black wheels. This is a trend I've seen in the last 5 years and I just don't care for either look. I want to stand out, not blend into the crowd. I picked up a 2004 Mercedes s430 today with black AMG wheels that are just plain UGLY and I can't wait to get those wheels off of the car

i agree to an extent.. blk wheels are pretty ugly. personally i would want to throw v6 doors on a v8 gen 2 ls... the v6 doors and gen 1 doors have a thin strip of chrome around the windows, which looks a million times better IMO. i might be knocking the letters 'lincoln' and 'ls' off the rear of my car here soon. knock those off and 99.99% of people will have ZERO clue what kind of car it is, which has its pros n cons

i agree to an extent.. blk wheels are pretty ugly. personally i would want to throw v6 doors on a v8 gen 2 ls... the v6 doors and gen 1 doors have a thin strip of chrome around the windows, which looks a million times better IMO. i might be knocking the letters 'lincoln' and 'ls' off the rear of my car here soon. knock those off and 99.99% of people will have ZERO clue what kind of car it is, which has its pros n cons

exact reason why I debadged my car , most people do not know about the Ls , people think its a newer Lincoln model

About that Matador......

It's not a Matador...AMC Marlin my man...nice boat...and the Javelin in your sig...is it a Mark Donahue edition(would be nice if it was)

love them AMC's...from the Hornet SC James Bond drove in 'Man with the Golden Gun' to Craig Breedlove's AMX assaults on the class speed records on the 'Salts'

owned a '70 390 AMC AMX myself at one time

It's not a Matador...AMC Marlin my man...nice boat...and the Javelin in your sig...is it a Mark Donahue edition(would be nice if it was)

love them AMC's...from the Hornet SC James Bond drove in 'Man with the Golden Gun' to Craig Breedlove's AMX assaults on the class speed records on the 'Salts'

Thanks.... My mistake.

I can imagine you're on a lot of members ignore list, which is probably why you're such an insecure nail biter/

NO problem, Nancy. Step off over there_ and gtfo out of this thread, prick

wow...listen my man...this guy you just had a beef with...... has helped more people on these forums then probably all other members combined (just look how many times he's been thanked) but that is irrelevant ...what is relevant is that when you need help...he won't give it..and that is a certainty...you burnt a bridge, believe me I know

when I first came on these boards I had a hard on too(actually I still do) and I made a lot of enemies (dispensed with all) JWerner you prick, are you still out there

but I learned.........don't take things too personal on the boards

That looks good :cool:

I disagree as it's too high and looks out of place. It looks better lower down.

lsemblem.jpg

lsemblem1.jpg

Of course, it's his car so he can have it wherever he wants, it would just be more pleasing to the eye having it lower IMO.

Incidentally, I tried moving the OP's emblem to the door position I suggested earlier, and I withdraw my suggestion. That emblem just isn't right for the LS. If he wants an emblem, I suggest going with something different.

This one is simple and clean, like the LS body design.
v81.jpg

And this one would also go with the body design.
earlyv8emblem-3.jpg

I kinda liked this one. It's like one of those pictures where you can see two different people at the same time. One way it looks like a V8, another and it looks like a chick trying to put her ankles behind her ears... :D
v8emblem.jpg

i didnt mean the position of it, I meant the actual emblem, where you positioned it on the second photo looks the best

Nice. That Javelin was a SST with the 343 a/t. It was my first car- I worked all summer in an orange grove to have it painted and buy my ET slotted aluminum wheels and tires. Had the leaf springs jacked up in the back and of course it had Cherry bombs underneath. Thx

wow...listen my man...this guy you just had a beef with...... has helped more people on these forums then probably all other members combined (just look how many times he's been thanked) but that is irrelevant ...what is relevant is that when you need help...he won't give it..and that is a certainty...you burnt a bridge, believe me I know

when I first came on these boards I had a hard on too(actually I still do) and I made a lot of enemies (dispensed with all) JWerner you prick, are you still out there

but I learned.........don't take things too personal on the boards

I don't need that prick's help. I'm a car dealer and there's a Lincoln store right down the street-I get dealers discounts on service and parts. He jumped my ass and I jumped back-He can go jump up a hogs ass and grab a ham sandwich

Ok, I voted for pic 5. Short and wide emblem, I think it would look best there.

It cracks me up that some jackleg would comment that a V8 emblem on your fender automatically means you have penis envy and drive a 4 cylinder...

Matador?
He's just insecure. He would never say anything like that to my face. Typical internet bully=paper tiger

Unfortunately I hate the emblem you have chosen. Also you mentioned that the pros know the lines of the car better than you.. Well as an expert of these lines I want to ask why do you want to break them up with a cheap emblem. The ls's lines are enough to please the eye alone. Anyway I also see your pinstripe. Which I also am not a fan of, but since it's there and you want your car to say "v8" I recommend shaving off an inch or so of the pinstripe to the right of the little lincoln logo I see in the pinstripe, and simply add the "v8" there using the vinyl or whatever pinstripes are made of. That's just my .02 though. I know a lot of people hate my car and my styling choices so I probably wouldn't trust me at all.
Iy and had the idea and originally wanted the v8 emblem from the trunk duplicated but got lazy and bought this one. I agree it's a little too big., I picked #5 on teh lower rocker panel and it's not so obvious as the fender placements. Thanks for the suggestions they are good ones

Hahaha, you have no idea what so ever, tsk tsk tsk, you just bit the hand that 'could' have fed you.

You'll have to go through a small army of frontmen if you wanna get all up on Joe

At this point, you are fighting a losing battle and I see a new username in your future.

GL
Ha. The day I worry about some goof on an internet board, is the day I'll get off the interwebz. I don't need anything that miserable prick has to offer-including his opinion of anything. Thanks though!

And you can stay out of my threads too, "big' fig LS. For you to take the time to search threads I'm in and post them to try and make me look bad is a big backfire, it just makes you look 'kooky' and vindictive, not to mention it 's none of your business. I've been on a lot of internet forums but this is one, is one of the strangest by far

Please ... you've become boring, time to move onto something new, shall we?

Ps:

... For you to take the time to search threads I'm in and post them to try and make me look bad is ...

Ah! No, it was on the first page that week and I recall it so well cuz including myself and others, we attempted to provide you with some help as you requested. Which backfired big time on us and won't happen again I can assure you. Please don't flatter yourself thinking I have time to search you and your threads.

Stay out of your threads? ... Wow ... and I'm 'kooky' ... ok!

I've come to the conclusion that Rick1 is a previously ignored and/or banned person who has come back to "wreak his revenge". I think I will put him on ignore now. Good bye, Rick 1. I do not believe I will be reading anything else from you, at least until you come back as yet another user.

Agreed Telco.,, rick is for sure a jackass. I'll be ignoring him from now on also. I think he mentioned he was a car salesman or ran his own shop or something. Makes sense. I've never met a person who sells cars that I particularly cared for.

I've come to the conclusion that Rick1 is a previously ignored and/or banned person who has come back to "wreak his revenge". I think I will put him on ignore now. Good bye, Rick 1. I do not believe I will be reading anything else from you, at least until you come back as yet another user.

Agreed Telco.,, rick is for sure a jackass. I'll be ignoring him from now on also. I think he mentioned he was a car salesman or ran his own shop or something. Makes sense. I've never met a person who sells cars that I particularly cared for.

I put him on my ignore list when he got belligerent and was very disrespectful to Joe.

My, this thread has spiraled out of control... :(

Oh, a few pages back someone mentioned the VW W12? The picture someone responded with is actually a VR12. The W12 is a different engine. Irrelevant at this point but eh, not like anyone is on topic at this point anymore anyway. :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back