Heads up for the guys changeling out front door speakers

Blueberryyum02

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mines with some infinity ref.
when pulled them out, the had water on the back covers, what I did was got star bit can't remember what size and removed them to separate, the speaker from the housing.

Set my new speakers in there using the wires I cut off the board that's inside the cover for the cross over. Attached them to the infinity speakers.

Now I have a water proof cover to keep rain off the new speakers. As for bass response I haven't noticed any improvement but I think I'm out of phase so I'll be pulling the radio this weekend and checking out that issue.

Also you are going to need longer screws as the ones that are in there are not long enough. The best screw size is the ones that come out the door handle. Get that size and style screw.

Not a bad idea, but can you put the stock speakers back in the housings if you want to return it to stock?

Not a bad idea, but can you put the stock speakers back in the housings if you want to return it to stock?

Yes you can put them back in just don't cut the wire off, from the xover on the stock speaker. Like I did.

But after a few days, the sound quality as for bass is not there but the vocals and treble in the infinty speakers really shine.

I could have bought some walmart speakers that sound better even at high volume that out do these in all around sound for less. Lol

They also make foam baffles that go on behind the speaker that will keep them dry.

And if you want to make sure you don't get a speaker out of phase, don't ever cut off any harnesses, just buy the matching speaker harness.

That is strange as I put the 6x9 reference speakers in to replace my subs and they sounded much better than stock. I intend to get some for the doors on my THX system.

Cost via Sonic Electronix was less than Wal-Mart's junk...

That is strange as I put the 6x9 reference speakers in to replace my subs and they sounded much better than stock. I intend to get some for the doors on my THX system.

Cost via Sonic Electronix was less than Wal-Mart's junk...

The 6x9 would always sound better in the package tray up high appose, to the 6x8 down near your legs in the door, also the 6x8 infinity ref is more so just to connect to the radio, the kappa version is built to handle a bit more power meaning they can be amped and really should be. You would think the basket that raise the speaker out from the door would be good enough to keep it from getting wet but its just there to keep the speaker from obstructing the window travel. I think what I'm going to do is just remove one of the backs and see if it makes a difference, in SQL. If it do then I'm going to order the foam covers and just cut the bottom out, so it serve as a hood and don't effect the air flow. Im thinking these are free air speakers and SQL suffers when placed in a housing.

Ok guys I just pulled the plastic baskets off, and it's night and day, leave the hard plastic back off unless you can cut the back part out. Or just get the foam backing they sell online.

Members online

Back