Crankshaft pulley going bad?

Stopsign002

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My car broke down recently due to the belt slipping off because of oil. The mechanic found that the camshaft seal was going bad, but also that the crankshaft pulley was going bad too. He said he can't find one from any third party vendors, only from the Lincoln dealership which is selling it for $1100. Halp! The engine is the same as the x type right? Would I be able to use an x type crankshaft pulley such as this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crankshaft-...ar|Model:X-Type&hash=item4859646d1b&vxp=mtr)? Does any of this even sound right? Blahhh Thanks for the help

S-type, not X-type. However, I don't know if they use the same pulley or not. Some on this site have had good luck with used damper pulleys from junkyards. (My own is marginal and I will have to deal with it sooner or later.)
FordPartsGiant has it for $724

The pulley you linked is for a V6. I thought you had a V8?

Hmm OK. I suppose I should also check out the Thunderbird crankshaft pulleys yeah? It's an even closer match than the s type I believe

Hmm OK. I suppose I should also check out the Thunderbird crankshaft pulleys yeah? It's an even closer match than the s type I believe

Yup.... It's the same engine! An S-Type pulley (is it actually the pulley or the harmonic balancer?) should be the same also.

fixed mine for 140 bucks, junkyard part with 80k on it for 40 bucks

Members online

No members online now.
Back