Heated/cooled seat blower isn't working

Stopsign002

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all. So my heated/cooled driver seat stopped working recently. After playing around with it today, I have discovered that it has been running without an air filter for the entire time I've owned the car :/ I can hear the blower come on in the passenger seat (which does have a filter), but not the driver's seat. I've done my best to check out the wiring and it doesn't appear to be messed up, but I haven't fully taken the seat out yet so I can't say for sure. Is there anything else I should check for before condemning the blower? Thanks.

Failure of the blower is not unheard of. First, look and feel under there and make sure you can turn the fan by hand and it turns freely. If not, get whatever is stuck in there out.
Turn the seat heat/cool off. Turn the car off. Restart the car and while you are looking at the fan, have someone press heat or cool. Does the fan run for a few seconds? If so, it's probably not the blower. (Note that once it stops, it will be locked out until you turn the car off and restart it.) If the blower does run some, then it may be that the modules are coated in dust and are overheating.

PS: If it is the blower, there's a new one on e-bay that I have been watching. It is the driver's side, but I need the passenger side. I can get you the e-bay link if you need it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back