My LS may be gone

2000sport

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Pulled into work this morning, and the trans slipped, made a loud bang, lots of smoke from under the hood, then fire.

Was able to grab a fire extinguisher from my shop real quick and put it out.

Car doesnt move at all now.

Time to find a transmission.

Anyone know of any V6 1st gen parts cars?

Are you sure it's the transmission? They don't usually catch fire.

my tcc solenoid was going bad, pretty sure the TC died, and released its trans fluid everywhere (onto hot exhaust), regardless, if im pulling the trans, ill replace it with a lower mileage one.

And Anton, no donuts today... just slipped shifting into 1st and bang! trans/and/or TC is kaput.

its cool no civic for me. Ill put a new trans in the LS. Driving my E36 for the time being.

Might as well pull the trans while you look for a new one and see what broke.

on craigslist eastern shore maryland there is a gen 1 v6 car being parted out. prices looked very fair too.

Might as well pull the trans while you look for a new one and see what broke.

Planning on pulling the trans next weekend. Local pullapart is supposed to call me when they get an LS in. there are currently two locally, and I believe both are V8s.

05LSV8Guy, the E36 is very old... 92... and needs a drivers door, as the latch broke while it was locked and will now not open. Ive torn the door all the way down, and no matter how you pull on the little lever, it doesnt unlock.

Even took it to the dealer, and their suggestion was cutting the door out lol.

So as soon as I find another Alpine White e36 sedan, the door is getting cut out.

Members online

Back