Official LS Picture Thread

1394453930035.jpg

1394453930035.jpg

This image has been posted before, but I just found it on a thumb drive and remembered how much I like it :) So here ya go! Pektel, fbird18, and JK52781. You know, of all our MN meets, I think this was one of the smallest but we had the best (sunniest) weather. The rest have been pretty overcast or cold.

P6142010-1.jpg

So tell me, with the pic of the 3 cars on the side of the road, the one in the front sits level...the one in the middle seems to be dropped in the front only(?). It doesn't look like a staggered wheel. The one in the rear seems to be pitched just a little. Got an explanation? :)

^^ the condition and level-ness of the shoulder of the road/how far each car pulled off and how much the car is tilted in front vs rear.

They all look like stock height to me.

^ Yes this.

The front end of my car in the apartment parking lot catches my eye all the time because it is lower than everything else around. Looks great in a lot of regular height vehicles.

Actually, a RIGHT handed person places the fork in their LEFT hand, and does the CUTTING with their RIGHT hand...places the knife down after a cut, then exchanges hands to use the fork in his/her right hand, so this could be viewed either way? Although, if you place your knife/fork down after a bit, I get that the fork is on the left, sure :)

Never have seen it, but I'd SWEAR the stuff in these cars is plastic, not wood. The brushed aluminum looking plastic is CHEAP for a "luxury" car. There are several makes that use actual METAL, not plastic. That's my biggest disappointment with the interior of these cars...not the only, but the BIGGEST :)

Nah, its not real wood if that's what your asking. However,it is a high quality

LINCOLN LS OEM FACTORY MATCH WOOD GRAIN DASH TRIM KIT. You'd be surprised how well it actually looks :facesjump

Never have seen it, but I'd SWEAR the stuff in these cars is plastic, not wood. The brushed aluminum looking plastic is CHEAP for a "luxury" car. There are several makes that use actual METAL, not plastic. That's my biggest disappointment with the interior of these cars...not the only, but the BIGGEST :)

GenIIs have real wood.

Agree, and it's a cryin' shame actually. However, of the 2 new vehicles we had bought with chrome from the factory, one had issues but can't recall how long after the purchase. That was a Buick. The Dodge we just sold 2 months ago had no issues with the chrome wheels...it was 7-8 yrs old. Maybe the next owner will be up against some? :)

When we got it, surprisingly enough, the FACTORY had installed the weights on the OUTSIDE. I had feared that when it came time to rotate/balance that there would be scratches, but they were fine. When we DID rotate/balance and get new tires at point in time, I was careful to have them weight the wheels on the BACK side. I'm not a fan of the tape weights...that is, if you've got an open wheel pattern that would tend to show them.

So tell me, what's the offset for STOCK wheels? Not fully u/standing offset (yeah, I've read descripts but its never sunk in :)), if you keep the same offset as STOCK when getting new rims, will the tires/wheels tuck in and sit identical providing you don't go with a wider tire?

I know "to each his own", but I wouldn't sacrifice the overall look of the car by having wheels stick out, just to get a rim that suits my fancy. A right and a wrong don't make a right...it will always be wrong :)

"...www.willtheyfit.com..."

Sorry, I digress, but my brain went immediately to, "Will it blend?" lol Not related at all, but a HOST of hilarious videos on Youtube for an actual product at the retail level! :) And then there's the "Will it float?" by Mr Liberal Letterman.

So tell me, what's the offset for STOCK wheels? Not fully u/standing offset (yeah, I've read descripts but its never sunk in :)), if you keep the same offset as STOCK when getting new rims, will the tires/wheels tuck in and sit identical providing you don't go with a wider tire?

OEM et is 60. They will be identical pending they are the same width and backspacing. It's generally accepted to avoid any issues you should keep your offset from et60-45 with widths from 7-8". If you go any wider/lower in offset or throw lowering into the equation you start having multiple variables. One of the most important being tire size.

A mix of comment and suggestion...

Regardless, my main reason to be on this form is to seak advice as well as give to the best of my knowledge when it comes to issues with the ls...QUOTE]

Let me chime in if I may. I'm going thru EVERY page of the picture thread as a newbie, and came across this post. I clicked on the user's name to view possibly some more pics and I get this...

He became a member in March I think it was, and his last post was in April. I can see a few possible reasons.

1. He got the advice he was seeking & needed no more.
2. He gave all the advice he had to give & then ran out (no disrespect), or
3. He took offense and left the site for that & o/unknown reasons.

That leads me to make a suggestion to the moderators who might view this post...

People can leave the board for a host of unknown reasons or take a leave of absence for reasons beyond the casual observer. Geesh, it could be a death in the family, computer virus, pregnancy :), just lost interest, etc and my suggestion stems from the fact that so many users maybe just sign up to post up pictures of what they believe to be the next best thing since sliced bread...get a few kudos, and then vanish into thin air after their ego is stoked, sooooooooooo...

Why not REMOVE ANY MEMBER that has not posted in "X" number of days? Come on...you moderators come up with a viable number, k? If they wanted to get back on the board, they'd have to contact a moderator to enable them to sign back in with their old user name.

Hey, maybe this post should be under some "SUGGESTION" thread, I dunno(?). And no disrespect to the moderators with this next point, but after viewing some 158 pages or so in this thread alone, I've come across a BUNCH of inflammatory comments back/forth between users. Is there not a way for you to either DELETE the uncalled for posts, or somehow prohibit them from posting until after the air is cleared? It's like if you are trying to login to let's say your bank online and fail at getting your password. After 3 or 5 times, you CAN'T login until you call and speak with a representative. :) Moderators in chat rooms can mute chatters, so why can't moderators here on this board get proactive about it?

Sorry for the rant, and btw, NO ILL FEELINGS HERE for anyone, nor is any personal assault on anyone, but I, like so many are here for sheer enjoyment, see? :) :) :) :) :) lol

Let's keep it fun, shall we?

Gotta go...going to try and read thru all the posts on this thread before I call it a day. Been up since before the crack of dawn~~~~~~~~ :)

Later,

Kevin

I've seen quite a few Cadillacs with the Vogue tires, and your LS is even the 1st one I've seen a pic of with 'em on. Unique choice.
Sun peaked out a bit today before it rain, caught a few more pics with better quality, still needs to be detailed and waxed

Which reminds me to ask, doesn't debadging a car leave noticeable differences in paint? I've got a light colored LS (Cashmere), but nonetheless, after "X" number of years, will it leave marks? Do I remove the badging with some strong dental floss I've heard? Maybe try to squirt some Goo-Gone behind the letters to work 'em loose too? TIA

Removing pin striping is a good easy mod. I think pin-striping on a darker color makes the car look a bit older. But on a lighter car that effect doesn't seem too pronounced.

If you do remove pin striping on an older/darker car, make sure you do so BEFORE a good polish + wax to get rid of any noticeable paint lines.

landOFlincoln - you just joined this site 5 days ago and already you are flooding a thread with useless posts, replying to yourself and giving a huge rant/suggestion about how you think this site should be run.
This site has been running very successfully for quite a long time and as far as I'm concerned the "issues" you brought up are not issues at all and are not causing any harm to the site as a whole.
Asking the moderators to 'get proactive' and remove members based on YOUR criteria is ridiculous. I am quite sure the moderators have jobs and that running this site is something they do for little to no money so if they decide to put more time into it or remove members who don't post often then fine, but coming onto the site less than a week ago and TELLING them to do it? Are you serious?

Members online

No members online now.
Back