Less Than 6 Months went by and i hate the car again

05LSV8GUY

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
If some of you had seen, i just recently had alt and battery issues, and installed a new Alt, and Battery.

This time it is the classic #2 cylinder misfire, ugh i wish ford's entended warranty went till 10 yrs and 150K miles lol
No i am not asking for diagnosis, i can use the search function, i believe mine is moisture related being as all the melting we have had the last few days has lead to huge puddles, and plenty of moisture in the air.

Damn it just when i think im good for a while. BAM, kicked in the balls again, i had hoped buying an 05 i would see none of this but i was wrong.
I did alot of work to the mustang i had, and loved every second of that, and still do love customizing and stuff, this just came at a very bad time since i have a trip to the twin cities on monday and wednesday, to close on my new house, and this just pisses me off.
I get a new house, finally pay off my two credit cards, only to be kicked in the nuts by my Lincoln, and my gaming PC........................its like the world doesnt want me to get ahead.....i swear......both need multiple Hundreds of dollars in new parts now FFS, I cant have anything nice.

Sorry Rant over.

Oh I see you've discovered the meaning of life? ... all work no play.

Should see others peoples to-do lists. Life get's in the way every day.

Over the years I've tended to follow one or the other of two divergent paths in regard to cars. One is to buy, or lease, something new and trade it in a couple of years. In the meantime, you put in gas and change the oil.

The other pattern is to drive a car until it's costing enough for the repair parts that the money would make a car payment.

I suppose I've had ten or more Lincolns during that time. I leased my present '02 LS new and at the end of the two years I'd put enough miles on it that the only thing that made sense was to pay it off and I did so.

Since that time I've done all the things spoken of in 'Land Speed LS' in the performance section. And I've put somewhat more than 150K miles 'on the dial'. It needs a few things---such as a clock-spring---and it took me a couple of tries to get a good replacement alternator.

But it's the most trouble-free car I've ever owned. It hasn't been back to the dealer since it had the last free oil-change at 40K.

Your '05 is nine years old. Some degree of replacing stuff is to be expected.:)

KS

Be thankful you will have this attractive vehicle to park in front of your new house. Be thankful for this forum, so that you know everything you need to know about replacing plugs and coils. Be thankful this will cost about one new car payment to fix and that's all. Plus, it beats prison!

Over the years I've tended to follow one or the other of two divergent paths in regard to cars. One is to buy, or lease, something new and trade it in a couple of years. In the meantime, you put in gas and change the oil.

The other pattern is to drive a car until it's costing enough for the repair parts that the money would make a car payment.

I suppose I've had ten or more Lincolns during that time. I leased my present '02 LS new and at the end of the two years I'd put enough miles on it that the only thing that made sense was to pay it off and I did so.

Since that time I've done all the things spoken of in 'Land Speed LS' in the performance section. And I've put somewhat more than 150K miles 'on the dial'. It needs a few things---such as a clock-spring---and it took me a couple of tries to get a good replacement alternator.

But it's the most trouble-free car I've ever owned. It hasn't been back to the dealer since it had the last free oil-change at 40K.

Your '05 is nine years old. Some degree of replacing stuff is to be expected.:)

KS

Yeah, i know that things dont last forever, and age doesnt help, it just seems to happen when things are going good.

I had a 1999 Chrysler LHS, white on black, heated seats sunroof, great car, it was a salvage title car a former buddy had repaired, that car was one of the best cars i ever owned, super reliable, great power, comfy, handled great. I hoped i would get that same feeling from the lincoln but i havent. I dont get the peace of mind that i did with the LHS, i feel like im just waiting for the next problem to come along. I put 36K miles on that LHS in 1 year, and the only two issues i had were a belt tensioner, and the alt to battery wire got rubbed thru, and i had to swap that out.
Ive put less than 5k miles on this car, and it has already cost me more than that LHS did in 36K miles.
When i bought the car, i knew what i was getting into, and what problems may arise, i did my research, i am just frustrated with things at the moment, i think.

I would love to do the accel conversion, i just dont like the fact that the covers wont go back on. Maybe i will have to wait for the write up on how the guy converted it to get the covers to go on with the accels.

Oh I see you've discovered the meaning of life? ... all work no play.

Should see others peoples to-do lists. Life get's in the way every day.

Oh believe me, i know life gets in the way, this has been one of the worst winters ever for snow plowing, it seems like we got an inch every other day, and with our accounts, any snow means we have to work.
Just recently, a guy we have working for us, decided not to listen to me and ended up blowing up the 6BT in our wheel loader, and that will not be fun to swap. within a matter of two weeks we had two doors get broken on our S850 bobcat, our S630 blew a hydro hose, that ran thru the lift arms, our S750 had to go back to the dealer for a oil pressure sensor thats now acting up again, and because of the new fuel filter design, would not run when it was below 15'
Work or Home, this winter has been filled with broken stuff and problems, it never seems to end.

So my to-do list is just as long if not longer than others, it has been a stressful 2013, and 2014 hasnt started out any better. I guess we just keep on doing what we do everyday, work till we fall asleep standing up, then go back at it again.

Be thankful you will have this attractive vehicle to park in front of your new house. Be thankful for this forum, so that you know everything you need to know about replacing plugs and coils. Be thankful this will cost about one new car payment to fix and that's all. Plus, it beats prison!

You are right, this is my 3rd house, but this is my 1st House ive had with a garage since i moved out of my Parents house when i was younger. So there is light ahead, your right, and yes a helpful forum is always great. It sucks when u get get kicked in the balls, it makes you forget about that light u seen before u so rudely got kicked.

If some of you had seen, i just recently had alt and battery issues, and installed a new Alt, and Battery.

This time it is the classic #2 cylinder misfire, ugh i wish ford's entended warranty went till 10 yrs and 150K miles lol
No i am not asking for diagnosis, i can use the search function, i believe mine is moisture related being as all the melting we have had the last few days has lead to huge puddles, and plenty of moisture in the air.

Damn it just when i think im good for a while. BAM, kicked in the balls again, i had hoped buying an 05 i would see none of this but i was wrong.
I did alot of work to the mustang i had, and loved every second of that, and still do love customizing and stuff, this just came at a very bad time since i have a trip to the twin cities on monday and wednesday, to close on my new house, and this just pisses me off.
I get a new house, finally pay off my two credit cards, only to be kicked in the nuts by my Lincoln, and my gaming PC........................its like the world doesnt want me to get ahead.....i swear......both need multiple Hundreds of dollars in new parts now FFS, I cant have anything nice.

Sorry Rant over.

Who can I be you for a few days pls

Sorry Rant over.

I just picked up a 2005 for 3200. maybe its time to buy another one and turn yours into a parts car?

The Accel boots seal up the plug well tight. I have no issue with 23k miles on my Accels. The writeup for getting the covers back on has been done. Kumba posted it last summer. It involves cutting apart the COPs and epoxy-ing them together with the wire connector bent down. Its quite extensive.

The Accel boots seal up the plug well tight. I have no issue with 23k miles on my Accels. The writeup for getting the covers back on has been done. Kumba posted it last summer. It involves cutting apart the COPs and epoxy-ing them together with the wire connector bent down. Its quite extensive.

wow, ok, i havent seen that write up then, i will have to search for that. and im not down for cutting up brand new COPs lol
I am suprised this hasnt been tried, can extension be made for the cover? or is there not enough room, i havent had the hood up that much to investigate.

wow, ok, i havent seen that write up then, i will have to search for that. and im not down for cutting up brand new COPs lol
I am suprised this hasnt been tried, can extension be made for the cover? or is there not enough room, i havent had the hood up that much to investigate.

One of the theories (not proven or dis-proven) is that one of the reasons for failures of the stock coils is that the covers prevent ventilation. This may keep the coils very hot. If you put in coils with sealed boots, they only reason to retain the covers would be for aesthetics. I'm not sure that would be a good enough reason to risk overheating the coils, keeping in mind that those coils were designed to be in the open air.

The coils will drown in water after the first rain storm. This will kill the coils. Do the cover on modification. All you need is a dremmel with cutter disc and some fast jet black bumper repair epoxy from crest. Once you do one coil all can be mass produced quickly. Or buy the Ford coils. Change all of them. This will end coil problems. Gap plugs at .050. Use motorcraft plugs only.

One of the theories (not proven or dis-proven) is that one of the reasons for failures of the stock coils is that the covers prevent ventilation. This may keep the coils very hot. If you put in coils with sealed boots, they only reason to retain the covers would be for aesthetics. I'm not sure that would be a good enough reason to risk overheating the coils, keeping in mind that those coils were designed to be in the open air.

not really sure about that. My 98 lincoln continental got the same cover design and has that rubber gasket too on the cover. It suffered oil seepage on all the plugs because of the valve cover gasket but the coil didn't die. I just replaced the boots which was soaked in oil and with new plugs. It didn't even misfire when I pulled it out just preventive maintenance since it was over 100k, currently it's 120k (16yrs) and counting with the OEM cops (same thing with my 02 mountaineer, coolant seeped into the plugs because of the intake manifold leaking, still the OEM cops at 145k)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...539.1073741825.121024831303652&type=3&theater

You are right, this is my 3rd house, but this is my 1st House ive had with a garage since i moved out of my Parents house when i was younger. So there is light ahead, your right, and yes a helpful forum is always great. It sucks when u get get kicked in the balls, it makes you forget about that light u seen before u so rudely got kicked.

Yeah being kicked in the balls sucks. My wife is currently driving my Lincoln because of my overheating issue. My step son goes to a private school with a cluster f***ed pick up system that involves sitting at idle for 45minutes. So unfortunately I'm in the Ford Fusion as we speak. My vehicular self esteem has dwindled into a cup of giraffe **** but I suppose that's just life at times. I can only imagine the craters my wife is slamming my LS into on these Michigan roads.

Regardless, I'm mainly just responding to your admiration of the forum. This forum saved me thousands already, and I've only been an LS owner since June of 2013.

God bless this awesome community

I took the car on a 200+ Mile trip today, and besides it acting up for the first few miles, it ran like a champ for the entire rest of the trip, never missed a beat, in fact i got a warning ticket for 80 in a 65 zone lol, the trooper was very nice, and i was very lucky, i havent had a speeding ticket for 10yrs now (i always got tint tickets in the past on prior cars)
I am convinced that my possible coil failure is from moisture, it was a nice warm dry day today (besides the run off water from snow)

When I bought my car last month it had the coil issues. I ended up using a set of used F150 coils that required a couple modifications and unfortunately no covers. I have driven over 1,500 miles with the new set up and haven't had a single issue with them. That's also with driving several days in the rain and being forced to drive down some roads which had pour drainage so they had mild flooding. My brother has been running a similar set up for about 4 years on his 01 V6 LS and hasn't had any issues either. If you look under the hood its not the prettiest set up, but hey I would rather it drive good then be pretty.
image(1).jpg

image(2).jpg

image(1).jpg

Still making them. $25 shipped.

Heatshields are on hold until I source new edge trim.

Still have a few front plate brackets left too.

Members online

Back