What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Thought I would stop by and say hi to my peeps. Always love the sweet ass Marks in this thread. I didn't do any Mark stuff today but I did play with its German cousin. Damn thing went from 30-130MPH in the distance of an on ramp. What a beast.

IMG_20140308_142902240_HDR_zps6149826e.jpg

Excuse me? Didn't I just sit in your car yesterday and see the display say your average was 4 MPG? LOLZ

Spending the last few months at not more than Idle for 20-30 minutes does that. O.O
Its like my car took on your exercise routine

on the ivory one spent the day installing black interior: rear dash (repainted), seat belts, carpet, sail panels, steering wheel surround, glove box, under dash trim panels, weather stripping, top dash cover
----
next weekend: door panels, drv side ext door handle, center console, carbon fiber cup holder covers, shifter bezel eatc/stereo bezel, seats

Got under my new 98 to see what bushings are needed, and swap out a height sensor. Cleaned the hub and inside of the wheels. I found out, with a really full tank of gas, and the front jacked up, I leak some of that 93. I'm guessing too much gas, or FP gasket. I did put too much in when I filled it. Had a small leak from filler pipe for a short time. Wont do that again.

Had to temporarily replace my low beams with halogens because I have one burned out HID and a bad ballast :( ordered a new HID and ballast on fleabay. Should be back to awesome in a few days :)

Just switched out the door latch rod in the pitch black. Luckily my buddy rode with me today, first time I've had a passenger since switching my Conti handles in. Realized the passenger door didn't open from the outside. Conti rod was too long, I changed it in the driver but forgot to switch the passenger. Dropping it off for paint tomorrow and I always scratch the shhhh out of the door where the bolts come out. Had to change it before paint.

Got another front alignment and front tires rebalanced... Steering wheel still just ever so slightly cocked to the right.. ..tracks straight thou.

Got another front alignment and front tires rebalanced... Steering wheel still just ever so slightly cocked to the right.. ..tracks straight thou.

mines like that too and after 3 new ball joints,1 uca, and tons of pot holes never aligned after the front end work and i took it in for one and they brought back out said no need to touch it its spot on

Mines going back in tomorrow. I want my wheel Straight when the cars straight

Mines going back in tomorrow. I want my wheel Straight when the cars straight

mines off maybe 5 degress at the most its litteraly a hair of center my marks heading back for exhaust work welds are cracking left and right and im giving him a little hell about not cutting flush against the cats to eliminate the double walled pipe

Just driving the pi$$ out of mine :D I need a DD so I won't keep racking the miles up on the '95. She's already up to over 90k :( I drove it down to my house in West End yesterday to pick up the kids from the future ex. It's nice to drive down the dirt road with the potholes and washboards and not hear any suspension rattles :) :L

Just driving the pi$$ out of mine :D I need a DD so I won't keep racking the miles up on the '95. She's already up to over 90k :( I drove it down to my house in West End yesterday to pick up the kids from the future ex. It's nice to drive down the dirt road with the potholes and washboards and not hear any suspension rattles :) :L

Didn't it have 77k when you bought it?

got the coolant cross over cap off after finding moisture in my oil and the coolants dirty but has no oil so its just build up from short trips (often as short as 2 miles) that coolant is brown with dirt its horrible so once it warms up im flushing it and running straight water for the summer then once i have the money im putting fresh coolant does anyone know if i can replace the coolant cross over cap with a bolt?

does anyone know if i can replace the coolant cross over cap with a bolt?

No you cannot. I forget the actual thread but I wanted to make an adapter to thread into the crossover cap for my Lisle funnel. Our shop found some sort of hydraulic plug that the thread did match and they drilled it out and welded it to a nipple for the funnel to attach to.

Didn't it have 77k when you bought it?
I wish :D It had 87k when I got it. So I've really only put 3k or so on it since July of last year. But that's because for the first few months I was driving the Cougar most of the time while I worked the major bugs out of the Mark to make it reliable as a DD. Now she's pretty much good to go except for cosmetic stuff.

Members online

No members online now.
Back