Coils of choice?????????

DerickAB72

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering which coils everyone on here uses on their vehicles? I'm gathering up the parts for a springtime maintenance weekend and was on RockAuto pricing them out. I've always used Bosh Platinum spark plugs so I'm going to stick with those. When I got the car a year ago it had new coils on it but I'm starting to feel a mist so out they go.

All feedback is greatly appreciated................:cool:

stick with motorcraft plugs.
I just recently changed Motorcraft COPs on my LS with BWD, not sure how long this will last.

Ahhhhhh.... Yet ANOTHER coil thread to make the search function useless.

Motorcraft plugs or NGK (they supplied the OEM plugs for Ford). NGK 6569 would be an OEM style platinum plug. I went with an NGK 5464 Iridium IX plug and have zero complaints. The NGK 7994 Laser plug would be a better iridium upgrade as far as service interval but it's twice as much as the 5464. So a 100K-mile plug for $10/ea, or a 50K-mile plug for $5 each. According to NGK the IX is a better performing plug so that's how I went.

Motorcraft or Accel conversion for coils. My Accel's are still running great with somewhere around 20K-miles on them.

...there a ton of posts and threads on here about the proper coils that have benefited the senior members..after reading them I am stuck with using Motorcraft regardless of the costs..and I have tried the cheap option and it is never promising down the road.

Delphi is putting out coils for the V8 now too. Weren't they a OEM GM supplier?

Members online

No members online now.
Back