About to have a f'n heartattack!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was checking carpart.com and they have quite a few Mercury Marauder engines in the $1300-$1500 range.

I was checking carpart.com and they have quite a few Mercury Marauder engines in the $1300-$1500 range.

It's too late now, I already bought a used 97 engine with 57,000 miles on it for $750 out the door, shipped right to Jamie's shop. Let's see if I can change that valve cover without snapping it in half :D

Another fail worse than this one... A true internet classic:

http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-forced-induction/194308-turbo-mod.html

Wow, what a tard. At least my issue was from disinformation and anger not pure stupidity. I would rather have done DLF's method but if you understood my predicament : slanted parking lot, sinking blacktop, failing jack etc you would understand why the last thing I wanted to do was to jack the car up.

So I think my fail can be categorized as pure rage fail :D

I guess where I get confused is you say (as others have said) do the replacement engine, THEN properly plan a headswap. So what is confusing to me is if a properly planned headswap can be done later why wouldn't I do it now when the rest of my engine is good? I don't get how it's viable to properly plan it later than it is now.

Are you saying that later as in when I don't use this as a DD. I'm not getting how it's possible later but not now. Maybe I'm just looking at things to literally. I tend to do that....

Really, Its all about getting the car in a drivable state and then using the other motor to modify with out the risk of taking your car off the road for more then needed if the build goes wrong... and from what I have researched, its going to go terribly wrong..

It would be better to bench test it for proper settings then to put it all in the car and hope when it fires up that you dont slam the valves, pistons... or worse.. not only that but if you have your good running engine out of the car now is the time for you to make all the changes you want (its going to be a hell of a lot easier to make changes that way..

This will be the route I'm going to take next... I'm going to build a motor on the stand then do the swap . probably in my driveway so I dont have access to a lift yea me!

anyway just my two cents but good Luck!

Wow! This is a good example of why the mechanically challenged should not be allowed to purchase tools. :eek:

Take several deep breaths, and take your time. Brute force will not solve your problem, unless perhaps, you bang your head against something solid. ;)

I feel bad about laughing at this post.....

Really, Its all about getting the car in a drivable state and then using the other motor to modify with out the risk of taking your car off the road for more then needed if the build goes wrong... and from what I have researched, its going to go terribly wrong..

It would be better to bench test it for proper settings then to put it all in the car and hope when it fires up that you dont slam the valves, pistons... or worse.. not only that but if you have your good running engine out of the car now is the time for you to make all the changes you want (its going to be a hell of a lot easier to make changes that way..

This will be the route I'm going to take next... I'm going to build a motor on the stand then do the swap . probably in my driveway so I dont have access to a lift yea me!

anyway just my two cents but good Luck!

Give me a call, Bill. :)

Bump for all of the joy this brought to us.

Just to recap....

I asked if he'd taken out the motor mount through bolt. I even got off my ass, went out to my garage, snapped a picture, and posted it so he'd be able to find it.

I suggested that he put plywood under the jack stands to keep them from sinking into the ground, because I've been there.

In the meantime, instead of doing these two really simple things, ripped decided to:

1. Ruin his fender
2. Trash the valve cover
3. FUBAR the head, and possibly the engine (who knows where those pieces of the cam towers ended up)
4. And who knows what other damage the fool did.....

I find it absolutely unbelievable that someone would try to jack up one side of an engine that is still bolted to the car, and then wonder why it didn't work. :confused:

And then have the stones to think he's got mechanical abilities. :p

If this was April 1st, I'd say we all were just taken for a ride....

But since it isn't, it's just sad; really, really sad. :(

"It's been ripped" is now going to have a whole new meaning. :eek:
I miss DLF.

:yourock:

Members online

No members online now.
Back