hmmm electric problem?

Donnie Tourville

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Okfirst of a Drive a 2004 Lincoln LS problem started with ABS traction control and parking brake light coming on randomly while driving will go off at stop not sure if this problem is connected but then started going into failsafe mode and wrench light coming on I could re start my car and it would be fine it would just do this on acceleration from a stop replace the Tps and it fixed that issue for about a day and a half just recently took car to dealership to have diagnostic they told me most likely to problems and gave me 17 codes B1676 u1027 u1041 (5 times) u1040 u1262 b2797 u1058 p0663 b2799 u1027 p2106 c1988 b1875

So, some of these codes aren't very useful without knowing which module(s) they came from, others can only come from one module.

B1676 - battery voltage out of range. This one can come from almost any module. Knowing which one it came from might help you to find a loose wire. On the other hand, you battery might actually be bad.

u1027 - missing engine RPM data from the PCM at the e-brake module, ABS module, and/or FEM.

u1041 - missing vehicle speed data from the ABS module at the instrument cluster, FEM, REM, and/or DDM.

u1040 - missing or invalid vehicle speed data at the e-brake module.

u1262 - communications bus fault at any of the following modules: e-brake, ABS, cluster, message center. Or just a general network fault.

b2797 - Driver Water Valve Circuit Open - a common issue with the climate control. Your DCCV probably needs to be replaced.

u1058 - e-brake module missing data from transmission range selector.

p0663 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Circuit/Open Bank 2

b2799 - Pass Water Valve Circuit Open - The other half of your bad DCCV (heater valve).

p2106 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power - This could be from a bad throttle body or bad gas pedal, but it is almost always caused by marginal COPs (Coil-On-Plug iginiton coils) - Recommend that you replace all six COPs and all six spark plugs (at the same time).

c1988 - Yellow Fault Warning Lamp Indicator Circuit Failure for Electronic Parking Brake Module

b1875 - Turn Signal/Hazard Switch Signal Circuit Failure

It's possible that most of your issues can be solved by:

1. Replace all COPs and spark plugs - Known issue with all LSes.
2. Replace the DCCV - not an uncommon problem, causes issues with the climate control, and sometimes e-brake problems.
3. Replace the electronic parking brake module - 2004 was a bad year for e-brake modules.

Ok ty for fast replay money is limited right now but I guess next step is to get the fail safe mode and wrench to stop so ill be replacing the plugs and cops tomorrow

Ok ty for fast replay money is limited right now but I guess next step is to get the fail safe mode and wrench to stop so ill be replacing the plugs and cops tomorrow

Don't cheap out on the coils. Get the Motorcraft coils.....

While the parking brake is released, unplug the e-brake electronic module and see if the ABS and traction problems go away or not. It's on the left side wall in the trunk.

hmm

So, some of these codes aren't very useful without knowing which module(s) they came from, others can only come from one module.

B1676 - battery voltage out of range. This one can come from almost any module. Knowing which one it came from might help you to find a loose wire. On the other hand, you battery might actually be bad.

u1027 - missing engine RPM data from the PCM at the e-brake module, ABS module, and/or FEM.

u1041 - missing vehicle speed data from the ABS module at the instrument cluster, FEM, REM, and/or DDM.

u1040 - missing or invalid vehicle speed data at the e-brake module.

u1262 - communications bus fault at any of the following modules: e-brake, ABS, cluster, message center. Or just a general network fault.

b2797 - Driver Water Valve Circuit Open - a common issue with the climate control. Your DCCV probably needs to be replaced.

u1058 - e-brake module missing data from transmission range selector.

p0663 - Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Circuit/Open Bank 2

b2799 - Pass Water Valve Circuit Open - The other half of your bad DCCV (heater valve).

p2106 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power - This could be from a bad throttle body or bad gas pedal, but it is almost always caused by marginal COPs (Coil-On-Plug iginiton coils) - Recommend that you replace all six COPs and all six spark plugs (at the same time).

c1988 - Yellow Fault Warning Lamp Indicator Circuit Failure for Electronic Parking Brake Module

b1875 - Turn Signal/Hazard Switch Signal Circuit Failure

It's possible that most of your issues can be solved by:

1. Replace all COPs and spark plugs - Known issue with all LSes.
2. Replace the DCCV - not an uncommon problem, causes issues with the climate control, and sometimes e-brake problems.
3. Replace the electronic parking brake module - 2004 was a bad year for e-brake modules.

Do you think the dccv could cause the fail safe mode now you mentioned it I also noticed that it will kick on when I turn my heat on now also my ac blows HOT

Do you think the dccv could cause the fail safe mode now you mentioned it I also noticed that it will kick on when I turn my heat on now also my ac blows HOT

Your DCCV is bad. Try Rock Auto I think they are the cheapest. Amazon has the visteon coils for the gen 2 3L for $27.5 they are the best alternitive to OEM at half the price. Good Luck. P.S You might want to change the intake manifold tuning valve O rings and check the PCV valve, elbow and hose. The plastic will fail and cause problems.

All coils and plugs replaced still went into limp mode today also unplugged the module in trunk seemed to be on right side though there was harness on left so tryed both still came on while moving guess next step to replace the dccv

There are modules on both sides. The e-brake module is on the left (driver's) side. Don't mess with the one on the right, that's the REM.

Ok got it same issues when unplugged my bad dont know how I missed that

Well, you can also unplug your DCCV until you replace it.
It's possible too that you have some major wiring harness corrosion going on. There's been a few cases reported of the wire bundle near the front right of the car corroding.

Well, you can also unplug your DCCV until you replace it.
It's possible too that you have some major wiring harness corrosion going on. There's been a few cases reported of the wire bundle near the front right of the car corroding.
Ill check all the wiring I can. Not to familiar with wiring I may have to fix the fail safe hopefully this dccv does it and let my mechanic handle my wiring problem

Members online

No members online now.
Back