Gas pedal vibration

DaveLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, since 2 days I've been feeling this little vibration in my gas pedal when I'm driving (not when im stopped) and I was wondering if I should be worried or this vibration can be normal. I've been driving with my ls for 2 months now and this never happened. Also I dont feel any difference in the car's performance when I'm driving except maybe a little more sliding when when going to gear 2 to gear 3. Anyone may have an idea what the problem might be and if I should be worried?

Maybe a little bit but barely noticeable. When my wypers swipe I do feel it in my brake pedal but I dont think its related

Does the vibration go away when turning? I could feel my failing wheel bearing through the gas pedal.

I did not pay attention to it. If it stops when im turning ur suggesting its the wheel bearing?

2004 ls 3L V6

Your (gen II) gas pedal is not mechanically connected to anything but the firewall. Any vibration you feel in the pedal is the same you would feel from the floor or the firewall in that area.

^ this

I would start with having the alignment and tires checked, and if those are good, I would start looking into suspension parts.

does the vibration change?

if so does it change with engine speed or actual speed?

could be a change in intensity or frequency (not sure if thats the right term for this application but i tend to think of all vibrations in freq...)

^ this

I would start with having the alignment and tires checked, and if those are good, I would start looking into suspension parts.
ok cool i'll go check that as soon as possible thanks

Hey guys, since 2 days I've been feeling this little vibration in my gas pedal when I'm driving (not when im stopped) and I was wondering if I should be worried or this vibration can be normal. I've been driving with my ls for 2 months now and this never happened. Also I dont feel any difference in the car's performance when I'm driving except maybe a little more sliding when when going to gear 2 to gear 3. Anyone may have an idea what the problem might be and if I should be worried?

Dave,

are you running ultra low profile tires?

What are your tire pressures?

Any feedback in the steering wheel?

What size are your wheels and tires?

Dave,

Also, what do you mean by sliding between 2nd and 3rd?

Maybe a little bit but barely noticeable. When my wypers swipe I do feel it in my brake pedal but I dont think its related

I have a 2006 and I also have noticed the wiper operation in my accelerator or maybe brake pedal when in operation. I was suspecting maybe it was loose on the firewall, but maybe this is normal for the LS? I have only casualy looked at the wiper motor at the firewall and it seems to be well connected.

I wonder if there is some sort of worn out isolating pad under that wiper motor?

I have a 2006 and I also have noticed the wiper operation in my accelerator or maybe brake pedal when in operation. I was suspecting maybe it was loose on the firewall, but maybe this is normal for the LS? I have only casualy looked at the wiper motor at the firewall and it seems to be well connected.

I wonder if there is some sort of worn out isolating pad under that wiper motor?

I think that it is normal. I think that the firewall is kind of thin and it flexes a little bit under stress from the wiper motor when it starts.

Dave,

I have 16 inches tire with original rims (no low pros). I looked at my tire pressure yesterday and they are all between 30 and 32. For the steering wheel I dont feel any kind of noticeable feedback. Also I have a tranny problem ( tranny knocking when goin in gear 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 for the first 15 minutes I start it). I also noticed that when im at 50km/h (in gear 3 I think) that my tranny is vibrating like if the gear wasnt well "ingeared".

yeah i think the wiper thing is normal (at least for the LS) ive felt it a little in both of mine... the wiper motor is strong as hell and moves pretty fast, i can feel it in the whole car if im stopped sitting and they go on high!

Members online

Back