Going to look at a 2nd Gen tomorrow any tips?

Silver06S281

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My fist gen's trans took a dump on me, and never bothered to really read up on the gen 2 marks. Going to look at a 97 tomorrow that an older guy owns and says everything works great. What should i look for besides the evap tray? Will the rear neon come on when i turn the lights on?

Rear neon will turn on when you turn the knob. It will glow dimly while on and will get brighter when the brake is applied.

Cup holders -wings-
Ashtray door
Neon
Blend door actuator -Check for heat/Ac-
Evap tray
Hids
Rear window seal -Crinkled?-
Steering column-Make sure it moves in all direction w/o much hesitation-
Power seats
Sideview mirror turnsignal leds

Most importantly, makes sure the wheels are mounted correctly.

RUST DIFF.jpgRUST. Rear Sub-frame stabilizer brackets. If it has sun roof, drivers side can be rusted. Located just in front of rear tire. Of course oil leaks.

RUST DIFF.jpg

Rear neon will turn on when you turn the knob. It will glow dimly while on and will get brighter when the brake is applied.

Cup holders -wings-
Ashtray door
Neon
Blend door actuator -Check for heat/Ac-
Evap tray
Hids
Rear window seal -Crinkled?-
Steering column-Make sure it moves in all direction w/o much hesitation-
Power seats
Sideview mirror turnsignal leds

Most importantly, makes sure the wheels are mounted correctly.

ALL of those things plus check out the coolant crossover, center console lid opening assist spring intact, check the door code on the trunk arm works (not a huge deal but a good indicator), all the illumination lights on the interior, warped brake rotors, front end suspension bushings, rust where the sunroof drains are routed if it has a sunroof, see if you can let it sit overnight to check the bags, make sure it airs to park hieght and ride height with little to noise straing from the compressor... and rust rust rust (bring that magnet!)

Its all I can think of right now

ALL of those things plus check out the coolant crossover, center console lid opening assist spring intact, check the door code on the trunk arm works (not a huge deal but a good indicator), all the illumination lights on the interior, warped brake rotors, front end suspension bushings, rust where the sunroof drains are routed if it has a sunroof, see if you can let it sit overnight to check the bags, make sure it airs to park hieght and ride height with little to noise straing from the compressor... and rust rust rust (bring that magnet!)

Its all I can think of right now

look what the cat dragged in.....

+1 one on the crossover, see if its been off.
Beat off... chewed up

Bought it,pretty damn clean car. Got it off the original owner even still have the factory ford dealer window sticker in the glovebox:D. Ill post up pics this weekend in a new thread

Bought it,pretty damn clean car. Got it off the original owner even still have the factory ford dealer window sticker in the glovebox:D. Ill post up pics this weekend in a new thread

Congrats dood!

This place is one helluva a great resource for everything Mark VIII. Search, learn, contribute and enjoy owning your new car :D

Members online

Back