Help Locating Part - Vacuum Lines Throttle Body to EGR and Fuel Pressure Sensor

RJLipscomb

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2006 V8:

Can anyone identify this part and advise where I can get a new one?

IMG_7995.jpg

I know it has connections identified as:
Fuel pressure sensor vacuum connector
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system module vacuum connectors

I broke the hard plastic vacuum lines in several places. And though I have a temp fix in mind, I want to get a new part to complete the repair.

IMG_7995.jpg

I bought some vacuum hose and fittings from NAPA and made my own harness. I broke the plastic line out of the old connectors and used straight connectors to attach the new line to the factory connector........
P9032446.jpg
P9032447.jpg
P9032448.jpg
P9032449.jpg

P9032446.jpg

P9032447.jpg

P9032448.jpg

P9032449.jpg

You can find it here I believe: http://clockspringremoval.blogspot.com/2009/07/06-lincoln-ls-v8-engine-parts-and.html

I believe its item number 6 if you scroll down. Don't take my word for it, wait on some others to chime in.

6 9E499 Fuel pressure sensor vacuum connector
7 9E498 Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system module vacuum connectors

This is correct. The vacuum line has one (1) 9E499 connector and two (2) 9E498 connectors on one end. The other end has a connector to the back of the throttle body, actually the part between the throttle body and the intake manifold.

I bought some vacuum hose and fittings from NAPA and made my own harness. I broke the plastic line out of the old connectors and used straight connectors to attach the new line to the factory connector........

Thanks, that looks like it may be my only option. I was, still am, hoping to find a new vacuum harness already assembled and factory sealed. For now, I have added clear tubing over the hard plastic lines and sealed the ends, and a portion within the clear splice line, with silicone. However, this tubing is not suitably heat resistant and will not work as a permanent solution.

You can get it brand new, in the factory sealed bag from FordPartsGiant. I just recently got one myself.
The vacuum hose assembly is 3W4Z-9E498-BA. It's just described as "connector."

I took my old shattered part to my local Ford. They were unsure based on the parts diagram but ordered one for me... $63 list - $45 discounted price. The parts diagram list the three connectors as different numbers and only one actually is the right number (3W4Z-9E498-BA) for the vacuum harness. Thanks FORD!

Easy in and done.

2006 V8:

Can anyone identify this part and advise where I can get a new one?

View attachment 828465321

I know it has connections identified as:
Fuel pressure sensor vacuum connector
Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system module vacuum connectors

I broke the hard plastic vacuum lines in several places. And though I have a temp fix in mind, I want to get a new part to complete the repair.

View attachment 828465321
I think I ordered it through Rockauto or Ebay ...brand new ...its made in Mexico

This model is possible to find and not yet obsolete. That number is...

5W7Z-9E498-BA​

Should only cost you around 30 bucks. Which is quite a bit cheaper than the old obsolete part. I do notice that one of the lines is a little bit shorter than what was originally equipped. Not that big of a deal to modify. Unless you want to build the entire thing from scratch this might be a viable option.

Last edited:

Members online

Back