After removing battery for days car won't start..

chulojay

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After having my Lincoln Ls 2001 3.0 for 5 years my plugs and coils were done according to what i have read on these forums.

So i decided to take the plunge and try to fix them myself i went through a couple of hiccups like breaking the upper radiator hose but all and all i put everything back together properly or so i believe.

After putting everything back together i decided to add coolant and bleed the system, when trying to started realized my battery was dead so i proceed to jump start my car.
I should also add that my battery was unplugged for about a week.

It all went well the car started well and i had heat , radio, lights and all.

The following day when trying to start my car it just clicked a couple of times with no start, turned on my headlights to check and they just flickered and then went off.

Now at his point i'm confused i thought my problems would be related to coils still misfiring or engine overheating not electrical.

So now my question is does anybody have any clue what could be the problem ? Did i miss something ?

Please help
Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Your battery has failed. What's hard to see about that?
(You may or may not find that your alternator may also be failing.)

The following day when trying to start my car it just clicked a couple of times with no start, turned on my headlights to check and they just flickered and then went off.

If the battery is good you probably have a bad connection at the battery terminals. Did you clean them and the cables with a wire brush? Are they tight?

Ok guys sorry for being so paranoid ... Since it was my first time doing so much work on my car i thought i had damaged something but i didn't, i believe the battery is weak because after boosting my car again the following day and leaving it on for 30 minutes it now works like before..

Thanks guys for pointing out something so obvious, great Forum!

You're gonna need a new battery pronto, unless you feel like replacing the alternator along with the battery soon.

I thought the battery in mine was bad or I had fried something after doing some electrical work under the dash. The dash lights would come on with the key but no cranking. Thought maybe the security system was on but hitting unlock on the remote did nothing. Then after an hour of charging the battery, cleaning the terminals, checking fuses, I realized I forgot to press down the clutch pedal! Started right up then. Guess I'm starting to lose it up there.

...Thought maybe the security system was on but hitting unlock on the remote did nothing. ...

Just so you know. The PATS (system that stops the engine and starter) and the perimeter alarm (system that disarms when you hit unlock) are actually not tied together. PATS is based strictly off of correctly reading the chip in the key.

Members online

No members online now.
Back