Trans issues???

Silver06S281

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well got some issues going on with my trans in the 93, for the past couple days on start up its bin making a winding noise, it sounds like a eaton blower while im driving then goes away after 5 or so mins once moving. Checked the fluid yesterday and it was good. Told my mechanic and he said a fluid change might correct it. Well now it wont on into any gear and just revs when you give it gas doesnt move in any gear. Is it safe to say this one is **** and i should begin looking for another to swap in or could this be an electrical gremlin of some sort?

she's done. sorry man.

the whining noise may have been the front pump failing.
no pump, no fluid pressure, no go.

Yea i just thought about that. Really hope we can work something out, just sucks i wont have a car for acouple weeks

I had the same problem when I bought my 93..the trans had 160,000 on it...found one from a 97 and had it rebuilt last year, now it has 2000 on it..

I believe crown vics and grand marquis

I think the tailshafts (?) on the vic/marquis and tc are too long. Truck and vans are probably as well. T-bird, Mark or Mustangs work, newer (still old) models work with a little re-pinning.

Members online

No members online now.
Back