Interesting discovery

dbleb88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am currently parting out a 98 Base that had a dealer installed cloth top. Under the fabric is a screwed on fiberglass cover on the roof the fabric was glued to. After removing the fiberglass piece, low and behold lived a rear window whose rubber weatherstrip had not seen daylight since 1998. Looks like brand new. Who knew? Lucky me! Thanx Bruce

Nice, now we need pics. Mine used to be perfect until about 7 years ago when we got a house without a garage. Still no lasagna but it is dried up now.

I am currently parting out a 98 Base that had a dealer installed cloth top. Under the fabric is a screwed on fiberglass cover on the roof the fabric was glued to. After removing the fiberglass piece, low and behold lived a rear window whose rubber weatherstrip had not seen daylight since 1998. Looks like brand new. Who knew? Lucky me! Thanx Bruce

I've seen that before, but every one I've seen had the rubber cut off along the bottom of the window, where it meets the trunklid. Quite a travesty.

mine was minty until about 2009 when I was forced to park in the sun for a couple of years :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back