Shop Manuals

LunaEros

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Shop Manual Project

Does anyone know of where I could find the shop and EVTM manuals online in a pdf or similar format so I can have it on my tablet?

Thank you.
Now I need to find a way to use it on my Android tablet and also see if the EVTM is in it as well after it finishes downloading.

Well. I got it.
Not a bad program but it's for Windows only so it won't work for me.
I need something that will work in my Android tablet.
Preferably a pdf like my shop manual for my Dodge Ram is in.

Anyone know if there's something like that out there or any ideas where to look?

PS. People can reply even to say something like "I don't think there are pdf version's", etc., etc.
I hate waiting forever for any kind of replies when I post for help. I think it's mostly because when someone reads it they don't know so they don't post because they can't help.

Thanks for replying.

Do you think that maybe there might be an Android/Linux version similar to the Windows cd image ONLYTONY pointed me to?

Another one I have ONLY works on windows XP and not windows 7 like the one posted in the link here on LVC. Again it is for windows only. Haven't heard of any other.

Have never seen them in PDF format. If I had I would have a copy of them. Could probably be done but would be a lot of work.

Have never seen them in PDF format. If I had I would have a copy of them. Could probably be done but would be a lot of work.

Actually I've been doing a little research (Googled) and found THIS. I can get it done for around $75/ea (FSM & EVTM). If I had the coin right now I would send all my books (93-96 FSM & EVTM's) out to them. Would be really nice to be able to have that on my tablet and fairly easy to share as well. If a few others would want to go in on it I would be willing to let them destroy a few of my books to get it done.

I don't have any gen II books right now but will someday do the same with them.

I would contribute $10 to the 96 versions!

This would make a GREAT project!
Maybe we can get enough people together to get all of them done.

Well, I'll get an actual quote and get back to you guys. If I get enough people I don't see why this wouldn't happen. I would like to start with the 95 since that is what I have but if the consensus is for 96 I can do that too.

i would also like a 96 pdf set. i would toss $10 into the hat.

Cool! Would it be worth it to you guys to have indexing (Click on the chapter/sub chapter and it takes you to the page) It doubles the price but makes it more convenient. I personally think I'm fully capable of scrolling for a minute.

I want it indexed for sure.
They DOUBLE the price for it though?
It shouldn't cost double just for putting in hyperlinks to the chapters and pages.
What a racket.

Someone needs to make a stickypost thread for the project so we can get enough people.
that way it won't be too expensive for only a few people. It will be cheap for a lot of people.
Plus if we put stickyposts on other Mark VIII sites it should pull more people in.

I think we should put stickyposts here, the "Lincolns Online" forum and the "MarkVIII.org" forum.

Sound like a plan?

You should be in charge of it Markviiiedrea since you found the place and have already started finding out prices.

All in favor? AYE!

Let's start with the 96 one first and see what actual cost is. I don't mind doing it as long as there is interest in it.

For now I'm just trying to remember if there are actual page numbers or if I have to count them by hand.

There are page numbers at the top.
They are numbered like this 13-00-01
Chapter-SubChapter-Page#

cool. i think i would also like indexing as long as the price isn't crazy.
(if not, i would probably try to find a way to add the index/table of contents myself.)
let me know what you guys found out.

If someone has the manuals I will scan them to PDF if someone can help with the indexing. I have full versions of Adobe and am very adept at making manuals with it. All I ask is that someone have a 97 manual as that is what I have. I have auto feed scanners available. Can probably do 1 a week or so.

It's an idea but if we use the professionals we get a time frame and we won't have to settle for 'good enough' if most are ok with it and
only a few want it better. We have the pro's to demand it gets done perfectly.

Just a thought.

Well with 1035 pages (2070 Double Sided) the cost comes to (with indexing) to be $275, and that is just for the 1996 FSM.

I'm exploring another option at the moment,so stand by.

I also have the ability to scan the pages quickly as well with out destroying the book but I'm waiting to hear back from somebody first.

I also found out since Ford used THIN paper, there is a bit of bleed through when scanning but it's also visible just using the book normally. It doesn't effect the readability to much. So I will keep moving forward with this.

The Bleed Through

FSM Bleed Through.jpg

FSM Bleed Through.jpg

Members online

Back