What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Getting ready to put some more stuff from the '97 LSC up for sale. I'll post it on the parts for sale section and probably on fleabay too. But here's a partial list of what's going:

Rear seat reading light housings
Heated seat/rear defrost control panel
Door Panel woodgrain trim covers
Message center button panel
Passenger side air bag (if I can get it out)
Glove Box
Message Center display screen
Dash vents
Rear chassis crossbrace (behind gas tank under exhaust)
And probably the steering wheel and air bag (again, if I can get it out)
Steering column

Among other things. If you need any of these items, send me a PM with an offer. I'd really appreciate it. My interior color is tan.

Thanks! :)

Shut up

And the sunroof track if I can ever find the time to get it out. And if it warms up a little. Its coooooooooold outside!

I bet if there was $300 stuffed inside of it you'd tuck your ovaries away and remove the damn thing

Had 4 wisdom teeth taken out this morning so I've done jack squat all day...Minus eating delicious sweet treats. They were all simple surgical extractions ( Erupted) so I was in there for a total of 15 minutes. First time i've ever went under iv sedation and I liked it.:sleep: Pain is non existent, a little ibuprofen and the antibiotic is all this guy has needed so far, doesn't look like i'll be needing any of the narcotic.

nothing today... but in last two months I rebuild the front suspension.. all new from rotors to the rack and pinion steering and a complete coil conversion.

Rust has officially taken hold of my passenger door, theres no saving it this time. Luckily all the rust on these cars happen on the lower portions where it isn't all that visible, esp when lowered. :shifty:

Winter is when the mark really shows just how old she is no matter how well I take care of her. It's a shame.

Well the radiator crapped out this morning. Put the one out of the 97 into the 95. But now I can't get the crossover capoff to burp it. Dsngit!!!!

Time to bust out the propane torch, bfh and 5ft cheater bar.

I just did one Saturday night, of course it was off the engine but I flipped it upside down. Sprayed some PB Blast in the pipe so it sat over the plug and with the help of a vice grip 2 weeks latter came right out.

Torches are for suspensions IMHO.

All this talk of stuck plugs makes want to re-soak my in power blaster in case I have to remove it!

All this talk of stuck plugs makes want to re-soak my in power blaster in case I have to remove it!

Yeah I've been scared of that too. When I changed mine though, back in June, they popped right out no issue. No clue when they were last changed either.

I'm switching jobs and moving 60 miles east; moving from my 1800sf house (w/ 2 car garage) to a 1/1, 600 sf apt for Feb and March- maybe longer. So.... my Mark VIII tinkering days may be ending soon. But my work commute will go from 90 traffic jam miles per day to 2 miles per day, plus the new gig is a 50% pay raise
:dancefool
---
over the last few days, on the ivory 96 I r/r bumper covers, replaced base covers with LSC covers, next is r/r BDA, and do the interior swap: ivory to black.
---
also yesterday I salvaged the black int door handles with cables from a pair of scrapped doors. Removal was no fun

I'm switching jobs and moving 60 miles east; moving from my 1800sf house (w/ 2 car garage) to a 1/1, 600 sf apt for Feb and March- maybe longer. So.... my Mark VIII tinkering days may be ending soon. But my work commute will go from 90 traffic jam miles per day to 2 miles per day, plus the new gig is a 50% pay raise
:dancefool
---
over the last few days, on the ivory 96 I r/r bumper covers, replaced base covers with LSC covers, next is r/r BDA, and do the interior swap: ivory to black.
---
also yesterday I salvaged the black int door handles with cables from a pair of scrapped doors. Removal was no fun

I can't imagine driving 90 miles for work each day.

Congrats on the new jobby job. :)

Well, here's what's going on. I got the radiator from the '97 into the '95 and got it all put back together. But I couldn't get the crossover tube cap off. Tried vise grips and a propane torch to no avail. Even bit a nice chunk out of the cap with the vise grips. No luck. So, I took the upper radiator hose off at the crossover and filled the radiator from there. Put the hose back on, took the overflow tank cap off, and started the engine. Once the thermostat opened, bubbles started coming out of the overflow tank. I found that I could squeeze the upper radiator hose and more bubbles would come out the overflow tank. So I let it idle while repeatedly squeezing the upper hose until no more bubbles came out and put the cap back on. Then I drove it around for about thirty minutes with no issues. Temp stayed right between the N and A. Hopefully I'm good to go.

after removing those black int door handles, I can't imagine putting them in the ivory car's doors....i guess it's been done before

Congrats on a pay raise, Maybe you can rent a storage unit that is not to far from your new apartment. I did that when I was living in an apartment in FL. On my spare time I would hang out there and wrench on my car, plus it was nice to have the extra storage.

Well, here's what's going on. I got the radiator from the '97 into the '95 and got it all put back together. But I couldn't get the crossover tube cap off. Tried vise grips and a propane torch to no avail. Even bit a nice chunk out of the cap with the vise grips. No luck. So, I took the upper radiator hose off at the crossover and filled the radiator from there. Put the hose back on, took the overflow tank cap off, and started the engine. Once the thermostat opened, bubbles started coming out of the overflow tank. I found that I could squeeze the upper radiator hose and more bubbles would come out the overflow tank. So I let it idle while repeatedly squeezing the upper hose until no more bubbles came out and put the cap back on. Then I drove it around for about thirty minutes with no issues. Temp stayed right between the N and A. Hopefully I'm good to go.

I taped a rag around the cap and soaked it in pb blaster over night. Then used a 12" pipe wrench with a 18" breaker bar and held my breath. Thought I was going to break the tube but the cap finally came off.

What I may end up doing is taking the crossover tube off the '97 and putting it on the '95 (if I can figure out how to get the dam thing off!) because I had no trouble getting the cap off the '97.

On another note, I'm having another irritating issue with the headlights. Ever since I got the car the headlights have worked intermittently. When they come on, either the left or right would not come on and I would have to go under the hood and jiggle the wiring or unplug and re-plug the connector to get the light to come on. So while I was working on it yeseterday, I took both headlights out (I needed to install a couple of adjusters anyway) and took all four HID's and ballasts out and re-did the wiring and connections. When I was done, all four ballasts were neatly tucked away out of sight and zip-tied in place and all the HID connectors were properly connected. When I tested the lights, they worked perfectly. I was very happy. I periodically went outside and turned them on to test them all the way until I went to bed last night because it was so cool for them to be working properly. Unfortunately, when I went out to start the car this morning, much to my dismay and frustration, the passenger side lights would not come on. Needless to say I was pissed. I was so frustrated with it that I shut it off and drove the Mountaineer to work. It's just got me baffled. I don't know what else to do. Everything is connected and was working flawlessly last night. :mad: I guess I'll just tinker with it some more later.

re; T-Wood intermittent HID fail: do you have a relay in the circuit?
the relay I had with my VVME's was faulty, causing random periodic blackouts

re; T-Wood intermittent HID fail: do you have a relay in the circuit?
the relay I had with my VVME's was faulty, causing random periodic blackouts

No I don't have the relay. That may be the cause. I never used a relay with the '96 or the '97 either so I didn't think I would have to use one with this car. But maybe I do? Thanks. :)

Members online

Back