What did you do to your LS today?

Ooh yeah. I'd like to see if there's a way to put adjustable bags on it, lol. Freak all the mini-truckers out.

There are definitely ways to control the air suspension system. If you do have to replace the air bags, do NOT get Arnott air springs for the front. Get OEM which are MUCH stiffer than those. And when you replace the shocks for the rear, get OEM or Koni shocks. Also there is a member that makes braces for the chassis to stiffen up the body.

should get a second gen lincoln ls and you ll see some power

Only relatively. Before I blew the engine (used a CRAP rebuilder for the machine work) my 4x4 pickup would smoke my LS like a cheap cigar from a dead stop, rolling start, or interstate start, and my truck was SLOW, and had the smallest V8 they put in the trucks. The next engine, however, won't be. :D

really ? I have raced 5.7 hemis and SS model v8s and havent lost

Neither have I. :D Course, the Hemi trucks are slow, and the Chevy SS trucks are AWD and heavy as hell. Both have quarter mile times over 15.5 seconds, which is good for a truck but pathetic in general. This is vs the Lincoln 2nd gen LS at 14.8ish range.

On the other hand, my truck's engine wasn't exactly stock, and I have EFI Live which allows me to completely control the engine.

i meant chargers and 300s , and impala ss ( newer ones) , cool do you have a pic of your truck ?

while fixing a flickering led on my license plate lights i broke one and bought these to install instead

20140120_113342.jpg

Finished it up, minus putting the trunk back together. I tell you what, it might be worth it to have someone dial in the height for you. I needed to get it to a point that was lower than stock. I'm not sure now if it's at stock height, Eibach or lower but at least I'm not at a risk of rubbing. If I want to go lower later, I can at least drive it there and pay shop time, took 4 hours to get it to this point and almost lost another sway bar end link in the process. Tentatively have someone looking at it this Sunday.

7F0B8C2A-E00E-4294-A149-1F2F9AEA624C_zpskvzgetqw.jpg

Finished it up, minus putting the trunk back together. I tell you what, it might be worth it to have someone dial in the height for you. I needed to get it to a point that was lower than stock. I'm not sure now if it's at stock height, Eibach or lower but at least I'm not at a risk of rubbing. If I want to go lower later, I can at least drive it there and pay shop time, took 4 hours to get it to this point and almost lost another sway bar end link in the process. Tentatively have someone looking at it this Sunday.

I want that LS. Looks like I will have to settle for the wheels. I have a spare set of 19in tires in the garage. Try to find a set of 19's like those. Good luck with the sale. Make sure to the buyer about LVC.

Good looking ride

i meant chargers and 300s , and impala ss ( newer ones) , cool do you have a pic of your truck ?

Not many, I spend most of my time either driving it or working on it.

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/Tel...2009/truckwith2inchfront2inchrearjpg.jpg.html

So far I've installed a 2005 Ford center console, lowered it 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear, converted to electric fans, and installed a 4L80E trans with a TCI low gear set. Also installed a locking rear and switched from 3.73 gears to 3.42s, and switched from a 5.3L to a 4.8L engine along with Patriot headers (which aren't very well made.) Upcoming work is to pull the blown up 4.8L (careful who you use for an engine rebuilder) and put in a new engine which is most likely going to be a 6.0. I also wouldn't mind a 7.0 if I can find the scratch for it.

Not many, I spend most of my time either driving it or working on it.

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/Tel...2009/truckwith2inchfront2inchrearjpg.jpg.html

So far I've installed a 2005 Ford center console, lowered it 2 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear, converted to electric fans, and installed a 4L80E trans with a TCI low gear set. Also installed a locking rear and switched from 3.73 gears to 3.42s, and switched from a 5.3L to a 4.8L engine along with Patriot headers (which aren't very well made.) Upcoming work is to pull the blown up 4.8L (careful who you use for an engine rebuilder) and put in a new engine which is most likely going to be a 6.0. I also wouldn't mind a 7.0 if I can find the scratch for it.

Price jump for a 7.0 from a 6.0 is huge? 6.0 is plenty for a reg cab 4x4. Nice ride ! Work truck or custom cruiser? I found a low milage ext cab SS 6.0 I am looking at.

Members online

No members online now.
Back