top 10 worst used cars

it sure did make the list

"7. Jaguar S-Type (Extensive transmission and engine issues on all V-6 and V-8 models. Along with Limited edition models with ungodly replacement costs.)

6. Lincoln LS (Same basic powertrain as the Jaguar S-Type with nearly identical results.)"

You know, that's really an opinion of the common boring person that gets no enjoyment from driving their vehicle. Granted, the parts for the S-type and LS aren't free like they are for Hondas And Toyotas, but the S type and LS aren't Hondas or Toyotas.

If you do the work yourself, it really isn't that bad. Most of us enjoy working on our LS as much as we do driving it, it's a passion.

I mean of course I wish I had all the equipment to diagnose and work on my v8 rwd laptop, but I don't. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and throw some cash into the dealers pocket.

But hey, I love my LS. Always puts a smile on my face. And I'd take a used rundown LS over any 2010 or newer "everybody else" car.

You know, that's really an opinion of the common boring person that gets no enjoyment from driving their vehicle. Granted, the parts for the S-type and LS aren't free like they are for Hondas And Toyotas, but the S type and LS aren't Hondas or Toyotas.

If you do the work yourself, it really isn't that bad. Most of us enjoy working on our LS as much as we do driving it, it's a passion.

I mean of course I wish I had all the equipment to diagnose and work on my v8 rwd laptop, but I don't. Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and throw some cash into the dealers pocket.

But hey, I love my LS. Always puts a smile on my face. And I'd take a used rundown LS over any 2010 or newer "everybody else" car.

The report has nothing to do with cost to repair or how fun they are, it is simply how reliable the car is over time.

What the report doesn't say is that if you're in a wreck, it will probably save your life.

How does that have anything to do with the reliability of used cars?

Nothing, poster is just stating that this particular context doesn't take into consideration the myriad benefits of our LSs, like an impressive safety rating.
You may replace coils every few thousand miles, but at least you'll be doing it to a super safe car ;)

I'm on my third LS 2000, 2003 and 2006. That's 13 years of driving pleasure, vs some guy writing an article to get paid. .....same G3 ( cashmere, light Fr silk) and def improved every year. I only change coils now. Used to be rear window mechanisms. get the extended warranty. I do need a new grill and front bumper but that's my fault.

the article had nothing to do with driving pleasure of any of the cars simply reliability

it would be like having a review of which red fruits had the most sugar, then the readers complaining because an orange didn't make the cut even though they like to eat oranges more.

The article was interesting at least. They talk about how consumer reports does not go back far enough. I referenced consumer reports before buying my 02 and I remember the reliability being "average." Average reliability was actually above average for a mid level luxury car at the time. I love my LSs but I have to admit that I have not really had trouble before 100K in other cars that I have owned.

The article was interesting at least. They talk about how consumer reports does not go back far enough. I referenced consumer reports before buying my 02 and I remember the reliability being "average." Average reliability was actually above average for a mid level luxury car at the time. I love my LSs but I have to admit that I have not really had trouble before 100K in other cars that I have owned.

Speaking of CR....After I learned their procedure for evaluating the reliability of products I dismissed them completely. Their information is based solely on subscriber input. I once bought their highest rated TV. It lasted about 5 years and was nothing but trouble.

Let's not be so defensive. The car has issues and they can be pricy. Not everyone can fix their cars or drive them for the smile. I'm not expecting granny 80yr old to fix all these issues herself and grin while punching it onto the interstate.

It kills me how people with low cash buy a used luxury car...but don't want to pay luxury price to keep it maintained. My 2000 has 197.000 miles on it and rides incredibly well after expected repairs...pricey as hell but that's a personal choice that LS lovers accept.

Let's not be so defensive. The car has issues and they can be pricy. Not everyone can fix their cars or drive them for the smile. I'm not expecting granny 80yr old to fix all these issues herself and grin while punching it onto the interstate.

True statement, even for me, a 71 yr old (not a grand dad).

If I tap out tomorrow, I hope my 65 yr old wife will get help from our son-in-law, sell the Galaxie, the TBird, and the LS, and rely on our 4X4 Explorer. Lower miles (28K), and more practical for her as a daily driver to the food store and her church.

Unfortunately, knowing the mindset of some local car dealers, if she goes in for an oil change, they'll try to talk her into a new windshield.

Very simple. If you don't take care(regular maintenance) of your LS, it will not be reliable for you. To many people buy a car. Turn the key and drive. Very few actually take the time to read the owners manual and service it regularly. You fail to take of your car. It will fail you.

The only reason I could see this car, and other cars on this list is not because its unreliable, but because it's difficult to find the correct parts OEM parts once they fail, leading u to put garbage aftermarket stuff on it, which fails quickly making it unreliable (like the dorman degas).

im on my third LS and I love it but I agree with this article my wife has a 99 jeep grand Cherokee and it currently has 150k and I got it with 40k and if I spent over $1500 on repairs on it then Im quoting too much. I know its hard to compare a luxury car with a jeep but the fact of the matter is that the parts that does fail on this car are parts that are not supposed to fail with this much regularity for example our ignition coils and cooling parts. it is simply a bad design and for the amount of money this car was worth when new it is truly not acceptable and then you compound that with a car that parts are so hard to get that basically makes it a dealer only car. this article is on the dealer point of view because as the article states these are cars that come with most defects when purchased used from a used dealer making it a bad car to trade and to buy. I went to trade my LS last week and the used dealer would not even take it and I have extended warranty from ford that is transferable to a new owner.

Members online

No members online now.
Back