What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Might be a ride height sensor or possibly a connection with what you said below.

These seem to be a typically ware item on Marks, I know I have to do them on mine. They are the door sensors on the front part of the door jam. The "door ajar" is the sensor on the lock mechanism inside of the door. Fix that first then look into your air ride.

Write up HERE

Go to Rock auto and order one there or your local O'reilly has them

Thanks, but the 97-98 don't have door jamb switches. I already looked for that.

Sprayed WD40 in the latches... no change from the car not recognizing open doors.
Speaking of doors.
I noticed a very familiar car in a video thumbnail just now...
I'll just leave this right here...
[video=youtube_share;IK56Ttte8Sw]http://youtu.be/IK56Ttte8Sw[/video]

haven't done much with my car(s) lately; but I'm switching jobs and have about 10 days off in between. I plan to get heat back in my ivory 96.
Does anyone know if I can use gen 2 dash removal instructions to pull back the dash in my 96? got a LoD or LVC link?

Markviiiedrea, thank you so much for this, I've been spraying the crap out of my damn door jamb sensors and it still says door ajar, so annoying! And then when its cold out, the damn alarm goes off. I will go to O Reillys to get some of these!!

Does anyone know if I can use gen 2 dash removal instructions to pull back the dash in my 96? got a LoD or LVC link?

Sure can. I literally just removed the dash from the 96 parts car I have yesterday (1/18). HUGE failure on my part doing a dash swap, but, to just pull it forward to work behind it, yes, just follow these instructions. It literally only took me about 30-40 minutes to remove all the bolts required to pull the dash forward and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing lol.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.or...d-Door-Actuator-Removal-and-Repair-(Write-Up)

Keep in mind, the car in the write-up is a 97 I believe so a few of the things he's disconnecting aren't there on the 96.

the 93 had dead batteries. guess i need to drive it more.
rust is getting worse too. sad, but the performance parts will come off and live on in the much cleaner LSC, and the 93 will become the beater.

Tried starting it a few days ago.. ****ty autozone battery.. Took that crap out and got a nice bosch battery. Fired right up and it sounds great. Washed it too.

the 93 had dead batteries. guess i need to drive it more.
rust is getting worse too. sad, but the performance parts will come off and live on in the much cleaner LSC, and the 93 will become the beater.

that sucks. I haven't been on here in awhile, when did you get an LSC?

My 95 and my 98 have newer bosch batteries and after a cold spell,they both drained to where I couldn't start either one I now disconnect batteries, and when I re-connect them they both start right up. These MK VIII's don't like the cold if you let them sit.

She'll be plugged into the block heater for the rest of the week....

Now i'm just spoiled by it. :)

My 95 and my 98 have newer bosch batteries and after a cold spell,they both drained to where I couldn't start either one I now disconnect batteries, and when I re-connect them they both start right up. These MK VIII's don't like the cold if you let them sit.
how cold was it when you drained batteries?

Replaced the fuel filter. I was expecting spring lock on one side, clip on the other, but it was clip on both sides. Pouring gas out the inlet of the filter it was pretty nasty, I have NEVER replaced a fuel filter and seen any issues or gunky junk come out. This is also the first time I have had enough pressure and fuel in the line to spray fuel for more than .05 seconds.

Since it required removal of wheel and inner fender, I have a better view of the starter, tumor bump on oil pan, and with my OCD and needing even covered hidden parts clean, I pressure washed it all, including that side of the transmission, which was a mess from the oil filter adapter.

Turns out my oil leak is coming from the oil pressure sending unit. I got under it this morning and cleaned everything off and started it up and watched. After a couple of minutes of idling, the OPSU started dripping oil from the black plastic cover. So not as bad as I thought :) also put the original painted snowflakes back on the Cougar. It looks a lot better. Anybody need a set of silver painted 10-spokes?

Also checked the Cougar's 0-60 time with my phone app. Best I could do was 7.2 seconds. Not bad for a 17 year old car with "only" 205hp ;)

Placed a few parts orders today, been getting a P0411 (Secondary Airflow) and just want to go through a few things and checking for vacuum leaks - new gas cap, fuel filter, O2 sensors, and a new PCV valve (All Motorcraft) along the way. While we have no rust in AZ, the rubber parts do take a beating.

I've checked the air pump itself by removing the hose from the diverter valve and have a nice strong airflow out of that hose, so, I'll dive more into it this weekend once I rent some lift time. I figure I'll check the air ride compressor and change the fuel filter at the same time.

Since the car is "new to me" and I don't know 100% of the maintenance, I am figuring to replace most low cost "consumables" for what I can see have not been replaced. The previous owner was pretty good on using Motorcraft parts, and it does look like most regular maintenance was done with them.

Also looks like the Gates 18030 is a perfect hose to replace the vacuum hoses - its a 3/8" ID 90 degree heater hose along with a Dorman 47072 rubber T. The hoses are starting to look near the "end" of their life, so, figured its good to replace them now.

Been sitting covered in snow for awhile now. Dropped about 4"-6" in the back. Decided to clean it off and start it so it would air up. No problems starting or airing up, so i'm happy :) As soon as the warm weather hit's i'm going to pull that eatc again and see if that's the problem with the blower motor.

Door got frozen shut this morning, took some ooommmppp to get it open but then it wouldn't shut. I was running late for work so I had to hold it shut while driving. Its only a two mile drive at 4:57am so very little traffic if any. As it warmed up to 28 degrees, I got some WD 40 and sprayed the crap out of the latch and worked the handle. It shut and stayed shut, which was great, but my door ajar light was finally gone. I guess the latch needed some lube and wasn't closing all the way, not sure but glad that light is gone!

local ford dealership called said we got another one! i might have a problem that they call me first.

soup sign.jpg
Washed and waxed it. Next gotta do the interior.

I'd love to go and clean one of my MK VIII's, but it's 2 degrees outside. Think I'll have some soup and stay warm

soup sign.jpg

Getting ready to put some more stuff from the '97 LSC up for sale. I'll post it on the parts for sale section and probably on fleabay too. But here's a partial list of what's going:

Rear seat reading light housings
Heated seat/rear defrost control panel
Door Panel woodgrain trim covers
Message center button panel
Passenger side air bag (if I can get it out)
Glove Box
Message Center display screen
Dash vents
Rear chassis crossbrace (behind gas tank under exhaust)
And probably the steering wheel and air bag (again, if I can get it out)
Steering column

Among other things. If you need any of these items, send me a PM with an offer. I'd really appreciate it. My interior color is tan.

Thanks! :)

Members online

Back