93 TC straight pipe any issues with computers?

roman_capps

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello LVC my muffler is going bad and I'm afraid my cat converter is next so I want to straight pipe it since I have little money are there any problems with the computer or malfunctioning sensors I need to be aware of? 1993 TC 1.jpg

1993 TC 1.jpg

You should have no issues other than it sounding like poop, but you may like it.

I agree it should be no problems being obd 1
And I too think you should put on some type of muffler.

I didn't want to straight pipe it in the first place but money says otherwise the cheapest muffler around is 90$ in my area and I'm afraid the cat is going to fail next it may not be the muffler im assuming it is because of the burning fiberglass smell.

Used take off mufflers are on cl around here all the time just an idea
Also get under there and look to make sure you just didn't pick up some garbage from the road or a dead animal.

well I looked under the car it was as clean as a whistle except for a little rust patches I was surprised because there is a lot of humidity in Florida and a lot of rain. then I started the car up when it cold starts you can smell the burning fiberglass smell and then if you accelerate it a bit or rev it up the smell goes away and there is a ping on the passenger side could it be the knock sensor trying to even out the cars efficiency?

Members online

No members online now.
Back