Broke Service Hose after Manifold Removal

chulojay

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ,

While replacing my my coils and spark plugs i accidentally broke the connecting tip of the hose pictured. The hose runs from the top of radiator to the manifold.

Im not sure what the purpose of the hose is but i did notice a little label on the top that says "Service Only". I was able to put everything back in place except refilling the coolant but i believe this might leak.

is this hose needed for the car to work ? any ideas of how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Service hose .jpg

Service hose .jpg

I'm not sure what the purpose of the hose is but i did notice a little label on the top that says "Service Only". I was able to put everything back in place except refilling the coolant but i believe this might leak.

is this hose needed for the car to work ? any ideas of how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

You'll need to replace the hose if the nipple is broken. And it ain't cheap!!!!!

Yeah that looks like it except only the plastic nipple broke, now i have to buy the whole thing. Thumb me ...

Thanks for your help.

Any body else having this issue which is common due to the construction of the tip old the hose here is a link that might help.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?81075-Ls-3-0-v6-upper-radiator-hose

I was also able to find it cheaper by searching through part number on Amazon ( XR827648 ).

Members online

Back