Still learning my LS

ssmoparviii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just some simple questions now that Ive finally got to the point of having to replacing things on my LS. I have a 06 and just went to get the tires rotated and balanced, since Ive racked up almost 20,000 miles on the clock since I bought it, and was shown wear on the inside of the front tires. Now not knowing LS's that well Im reaching out to the forum to get some feed back before I take it in to get looked at.

My 06 has just over 86,000 on it. I do plan on replacing the shocks and tires in the next couple of weeks and are trying to find some that would be great for ride and handling or just handling in the shock dept. But my concern is at that many miles would that type of tire wear be caused by just a bad alignment or could something else be starting to check out?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Hey everyone! Just some simple questions now that Ive finally got to the point of having to replacing things on my LS. I have a 06 and just went to get the tires rotated and balanced, since Ive racked up almost 20,000 miles on the clock since I bought it, and was shown wear on the inside of the front tires. Now not knowing LS's that well Im reaching out to the forum to get some feed back before I take it in to get looked at.

My 06 has just over 86,000 on it. I do plan on replacing the shocks and tires in the next couple of weeks and are trying to find some that would be great for ride and handling or just handling in the shock dept. But my concern is at that many miles would that type of tire wear be caused by just a bad alignment or could something else be starting to check out?

Get an alignment and OEM shocks. The p/n are here somewhere....

Thanks for the advice I will look for the part number on here for the shocks!

Im hoping its only a bad alignment. I am taking it in Monday so I will let everyone know.

If you've never had an alignment done since ownership, my guess is bad alignment. Also it seems oem struts are becoming scarce, if you cant get your hands on some i'd recommend KYBs

If you've never had an alignment done since ownership, my guess is bad alignment. Also it seems oem struts are becoming scarce, if you cant get your hands on some i'd recommend KYBs

Did you end up getting KYB for replacements? How is the ride and handling?

tire wear

Did you end up getting KYB for replacements? How is the ride and handling?

when you replace the tires struts/shocks and go for alignment they will check your frontend parts for free they want to sell & install stuff so just tell them to check when they align it probably wont align anyway if you have other problems believe me they will let you know !

The tires need to be rotated more often than 20,000 miles. You didn`t say if they are original tires or not. If they are original than they are worn out.

Members online

Back