Rear Toe Link / Tie Rod / Lateral Bar, options other then ford?

The DEEZA Part # JAL607 and no problems noticing anything missing with respect to the passive rear steering ?

I can actually notice a small difference when driving it real hard, especially during fast lane changes or swerving around an animal or something in the road, with the deeza parts, the car seems to react a little faster, with the motorcraft parts there was an ever small delay between starting to turn and the car following around, also with the motorcraft parts you can feel the car still moving around a bit after the wheel is straight again, almost like a little more body roll. i really didnt notice it at first after the change because my old parts were long overdue for replacement. but after driving a friends LS with a fresh full OEM suspension overhaul you could definitely feel a difference.

... with the deeza parts, the car seems to react a little faster, with the motorcraft parts there was an ever small delay ...

Really hey, that's great feedback, thanks so much. I had already ordered the DEEZA with MOOG links.

thanks again.

I can definitely feel the whole passive rear-wheel steer thing when I am powering around a corner. At the extreme it almost feels like a slight drift. I think a lot of the sharper feel the deeza gives is that the rear doesn't swing out anymore. At least I can see how it would feel or seem that way. No clue if one or the other would make the car actually perform better in a measurable way other then better driver confidence. I would guess that the rear end sliding out would let you corner better.

We need to have an LS Auto-cross/Track day somewhere.

I might be wrong but weren't the deeza links $60 at one point? Rock auto doesn't have them in stock. Cheapest I've found is $80. Can anyone confirm if it includes the hardware?

Ended up ordering the deezas on ebay. Anyone looking to get these should probably act fast. They're getting scarce.

Just installed the Deezas. Pretty noticeable difference losing the 4 wheel steer. Especially on lane changes, tighter and quicker feel.

Just installed the Deezas. Pretty noticeable difference losing the 4 wheel steer. Especially on lane changes, tighter and quicker feel.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of what you felt go away was the sloppiness of the old worn parts, the 4 wheel steer effect is really amplified when the parts are in need of replacement. dont get me wrong, you can feel the difference when being driven hard. since replacing mine ive had a couple of chances to drive around much newer LSs just to see how big the difference is and i was surprised at how close they were after noticing such a HUGE difference after replacing them.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of what you felt go away was the sloppiness of the old worn parts, the 4 wheel steer effect is really amplified when the parts are in need of replacement. dont get me wrong, you can feel the difference when being driven hard. since replacing mine ive had a couple of chances to drive around much newer LSs just to see how big the difference is and i was surprised at how close they were after noticing such a HUGE difference after replacing them.

I'm sure you are right. Regardless I'm glad I replaced them.

Do the rubber "passive rear steer" section wear out like the bushing does or are they mainly intact even though the outer bushing has failed?

Mine is covered in snow otherwise I'd try to check but is the bolt that holds it to the rear spindle an 8mm shaft (I know it's a 13mm head)

Does anyone still have a worn out one I can grab the outer (wheel side) section from?

Thanks,

reason... and a re-used nylon locknut isn't going to work, .
Not so sure I agree with this in 2014. (beyond my personal experience of re-using them for over 20 years on cars with zero issues).

" For example, Smith notes that the nylon insert is not damaged by installation and therefore they can be reused many times,[1] and a Federal Aviation Administration Advisory Circular allows nuts to be reused if the prevailing torque is within specification"

http://books.google.com/books?id=A81HmmRCN7YC&hl=en

"There is typically a slight increase in price for a nyloc nut as compared to a standard nut, and this was once a concern as the locking nut was a single-use item. This means that once a locking nut has been used on a bolt, the nut must be discarded and a new nut used whenever the fastener is removed. Advances in the nylon formula have since made this requirement obsolete. The modern nylon-type locking nut can be reused many times without fear of failure, making the locking nut a viable option in most critical fastening areas. The test to reuse a locking nut is to turn the nut onto a bolt, and if the nylon provides resistance to turning using only fingers, the nut can be safely reused."

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-nyloc-nut.htm

"Genuine OE Factory Original Item" ... Ain't that a bitch!

LINCOLN OEM 6W4Z-5B551-AA ~ US $118.35

link.jpg

Many available: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221378388214

More: https://www.google.ca/webhp?source=...JU_SlJsiD8Qe6hIAI#q=Lincoln+Part#+6W4Z5B551AA

link.jpg

^ Yup, but it was all about retaining the Passive Steering with the dampener on the OE part. None were to be had for a while.
Discussion proved it wasn't that big of a deal and many, including myself opted for the JAG DEEZA JA-L607 linkage.

Second this. Never ever buy these eBay ones named "deutsche parts". I've got a pair of them this January and put them on this March. After less than 1000 miles my car starts to sway on highway, both left and right! At first I though it was alignment/suspension problem so I changed all four struts and front control arms and outer tie rods. Still the problem does not get fixed.

Then I found out the problem was when I release the gas at high speed (>50) the car starts to sway. It sways to both sides so probably not an alignment problem. Also when I am accelerating there is no such issue. At first I thought it could be around the front part because when the car slows down all weight shifts forward. Then I had a mechanic at a local shop to take a look at this. He said he has never seen this in his life. He raised the car and found out the problem was these rear toe links. It has way too much room to play for the rear toe angles on both sides.

Today I have put a pair of new OEM parts on and now it runs perfect. The removed one are really busted although they look good from outside. I can even pull it with my hands so it extends. That explains why the rear tires wobble when off the ground. Plus part of the piece inside the boot at outboard side is also exposed, meaning the boot sealing is already bad. I took some pictures.

Anyway, now I am fighting against those sellers on eBay. They are only willing to give me their "store credit" but apparently I will never by anything from them. This is no difference than suicide. IMG_20150809_114018.jpg
IMG_20150809_143215.jpg
mmexport1439160464264.jpg
so I bought a pair of these (Ebay ones) last year, I wanted to get oem, but i was having trouble finding a place that had a pair in stock, so i would wait a couple of weeks and check again. after not wasting to wait any more, i gave in and ordered them.

after putting them on, my car became dangerously loose, and the rear end would just try to jump out around the car, i used the old ones i took out to get the new ones close enough to get to the alignment shop. if the advancetrac was left on, the car would freak out when turning even slow from a dead stop.

the shop gave it an alignment, and during the test drive, they noticed the same thing. turns out both parts were defective and allowed way too much movement at the expended section. i can see one bad part, but getting two just shows how poor the parts are.

didnt feel like waiting any longer so i ordered the Deeza parts (got an email that the OEM parts came back in stock a couple of days after ordering, go figure), they went on without a problem and have worked great for the couple thousand miles since.

IMG_20150809_114018.jpg

IMG_20150809_143215.jpg

mmexport1439160464264.jpg

I agree with the above poster because my car has the high speed vibration now left rear is gone
Some folks are saying that the Deutche parts do not have the 4 wheel steering effect. But they do seem to have the center compressible piece. What am I missing?

Thanks

Some folks are saying that the Deutche parts do not have the 4 wheel steering effect. But they do seem to have the center compressible piece. What am I missing

Thanks
I was agreeing with you on updating the thread.. I'm not sure how the passive rear steer works either

Some folks are saying that the Deutche parts do not have the 4 wheel steering effect. But they do seem to have the center compressible piece. What am I missing?

Thanks
I think ed was saying to stay away from the Deutche parts because they are junk

Second this. Never ever buy these eBay ones named "deutsche parts". I've got a pair of them this January and put them on this March. After less than 1000 miles my car starts to sway on highway, both left and right! At first I though it was alignment/suspension problem so I changed all four struts and front control arms and outer tie rods. Still the problem does not get fixed.

Then I found out the problem was when I release the gas at high speed (>50) the car starts to sway. It sways to both sides so probably not an alignment problem. Also when I am accelerating there is no such issue. At first I thought it could be around the front part because when the car slows down all weight shifts forward. Then I had a mechanic at a local shop to take a look at this. He said he has never seen this in his life. He raised the car and found out the problem was these rear toe links. It has way too much room to play for the rear toe angles on both sides.

Today I have put a pair of new OEM parts on and now it runs perfect. The removed one are really busted although they look good from outside. I can even pull it with my hands so it extends. That explains why the rear tires wobble when off the ground. Plus part of the piece inside the boot at outboard side is also exposed, meaning the boot sealing is already bad. I took some pictures.

Anyway, now I am fighting against those sellers on eBay. They are only willing to give me their "store credit" but apparently I will never by anything from them. This is no difference than suicide. View attachment 828473345
View attachment 828473346
View attachment 828473347

View attachment 828473345

View attachment 828473346

View attachment 828473347

I think ed was saying to stay away from the Deutche parts because they are junk
Yeah I got that about deutsche=junk. Guess thats why they're cheap.
But my question was how do I tell if the toe link has passive steering or not?

It's all in that fat knot on the rod at the bushing end, that's where the passive steering effect happens.

HERE'S A NEW PART RESOURCE for the Lateral Links
Parts Geek is stocking MEVOTECH's new lateral links for the LS w/passive steering 47.33 each! A real alternative to the highway robbery you get from Deutsche or even Ford..

Does everyone notice people selling Deutsche parts as if they are the real thing and SOME even charging as much as 150$ each for that crap...Ford isn't much help either with their pricing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back