checking transmission fluid on my driveway

lking

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
i want to check my transmission fluid on my driveway which is somewhat steep so the plan is to park backwards and jack up the front which is what i do for oil changes how can i make sure the car is levelled? is there anywhere i can place a levelling tool?

I would guess you could use either the bottom of the oil pan or trans pan as a spot for the level.

I would guess you could use either the bottom of the oil pan or trans pan as a spot for the level.

already tried trans pan but could not get the leveller to level unless the front of the car was way up which was obvious that the car was not level the trans pan is not level even when the car itself is i need a spot that is level i should of tried to find a spot when i had the car on hoist

I'm sure a shop wouldn't mind checking. Couple minutes on the lift, throw them a few bucks.

I'm sure a shop wouldn't mind checking. Couple minutes on the lift, throw them a few bucks.

not many shops around where i live mostly dealerships which would be happy to check for me for $120.00

I'm hoping to get a response from someone that knows for sure a part of the car that's level with the whole car

Bring it to the dealer for an oil change, and have them check it when it's on the lift. It's a trick I use. Brings the cost down to $40ish.

1st gen only.

That's what I did. As long as the fluid level is within certain spec, you'll be fine. Doesn't need ml accuracy.

frame under door it is

that place is gotta be level otherwise the car wouldn't be level on hoist

Members online

No members online now.
Back