AAA extended warranty

Ghost_Ls8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with AAA extended warranty, they want $121 a month for 17 months for a 5 year warranty on my 06 Ls, total would come out to $2,172 and i can choose any dealership I want ( obviously gonna pick a Lincoln Dealer) , it covers everything including wear and tear on my seats which sounds good to me, what do you guys think?

I will have to check into that, I am already a member for roadside asst.

I will have to check into that, I am already a member for roadside asst.

Extended warranties are a waste of money. They won`t cover normal wear items either. There is usually a fee for each repair. Read fine print. Not sure what you paid for car, but 2006 here are going for around $5,000 - 6000

well he explained that repairs costing a certain amount will cost a deductable but its better than me paying the cost of repair, i traded in my charger for my 06 with 60k

A 06 is the most reliable year. Figuring everything that will probably go bad doesn't add up to that warranty. Not even including the deductibles you will pay and the items it won't cover. Save your money.

my harmonic balancer is starting to go bad and the repair itself is 1000 plus

Granted if that even is the problem and not just the normal wear on the pulleys, belt, tensioner,etc., $1000<$2172+..

it is the problem , had it checked out already , you never know when something else can go bad and finding parts for this car is impossible, most parts are dealership only

Wouldn't say finding parts is impossible just yet.. here's my logic.
5 year warranty= about 50k miles put on in 5 years. End of warranty will be around 110,000

Coils will have to be done in that time, will that warranty cover it?? How would you go about replacing it through the warranty all at the same time which is how they need to be done...?

Cooling system seems to be problematic around 100k. Figure $1000 for that. You might or might not still have coverage for that, this will probably need to have a deductible. Im assuming its covered..

Are suspension parts covered.. Even if they are, around 100k miles seems to be the golden time for that. Will you still be covered?

Any other miscellaneous parts seems to go out past 100k, I heard of an ac compressor going out on an 06. Warranty will probably be up before you have problems costing over $1000k again.

Just my opinion. If I ever were to go about buying a warranty, make sure all the problematic items are covered.. Dccv, cooling system, coils, suspension( doubt it), charging, ac, etc... I doubt you will ever pay 3k in repairs in 5 years not including maintenance and wear/tear items. (I get the 3k, including the probable deductibles you will be paying)

Thanks for your input man , I guess i ll just leave it up to fate and see how long my car lasts before I have to get rid of it , I do not plan on keeping this car for 5 years either lol

the question is (assuming that the warranty does cover everything), it that $120 worth the peace of mind that if anything happens to the car, it would be covered and you would only be out of pocket for the deductible?

or Iif you were to have a problem, could you afford to come out of pocket to cover the expense? few repairs on this car are under $1k and a lot of them are a lot higher...

yea its a tough choice, i guess if my car does end up costing a lot i ll just get a new one

5 years....does it also have a mileage limit? If you are at 60K miles now, you can maybe estimate this may cover you through 120K miles. A lot of componants may come into play over that time period. The price is also comparable to a Ford ESP warranty, last I checked. As others have said, if it gives you peace of mind, it may be worth it. For me, as it is my daily driver, I cannot spend hours if not days working on it myself. With you being in Chicago....having to repair the vehicle while it is 20 degrees outside sounds like no fun. Let a mechanic do it. Just be sure it covers things like: coils, cooling componants, suspension items, "clocksping", transmission items, etc.

or Iif you were to have a problem, could you afford to come out of pocket to cover the expense? few repairs on this car are under $1k and a lot of them are a lot higher...

This is good stuff. I would pass on the warranty, but if yoid can afford to pay the $121 a month for the warranty, then take the money and set it aside each month. And if something comes up you've got the money to pay for the repair, and if nothing major goes wrong then hey you have 2 grand to put down with your trade in towards your next car. Especially since you don't even think you'll have this car for 5 years.

thats the plan im going with man , hopefully nothing else goes bad on the car 0.o

Members online

No members online now.
Back