Need your inputs on my problem

Jeffuse

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have this problem that I need anyones help and advice what to do next. Beforeme n my family left for montreal, canada last 8/28/13, i had my 2004 lincoln aviator serviced at Lincoln of Wayne on 8/27/13. I had all 4 rotors and brakes changed as advised by tech. We had a good trip going there. We came back on monday 8/30/13. 20 minutes after entering the US border, we felt like the car was swerving and so we stopped n found out that 4 of the 5 wheel studs had sheared off. Luckily we didnt had any serious accident. We were able to get home safe that night. Anyways, heres my problem, i brought this to the attention of the service director of lincoln of wayne, and he had a lot of excuses, maybe this n that but the bottom line is.. They are not at fault for the shearing of 4 wheelstuds n they wont replace my aftermarket wheels Gianna Blitz which was damaged in result. My question is.. Do i have Legal Remedy on this when its clearly over torqued. Service director said my aftermarket rims are at fault also?!?. He was arrogant n try to place the blame on us..

I would assume they were not over torqued but under torqued or you never checked them after they were put back on.
The shop I worked at required you to return within 100 miles for a re-torque and if you didn't return it was on you.
If they didn't inform you they needed to be re-torqued you might be able to get them on that.

no, overtorquing stresses the studs and they can crack.
it does sound like over-tightening.

That's ridiculous they probably made about $800 should have fix it no questions asked... I would write Ford a letter telling them your concern... Even if it was faulty they never should've let you drive out of their like that.. .. don't bother suing it will take years for judgement and you'll probably get stiffed anyway....

yelp.com. post your experience if anything you'll cost money.... if nothing else works...

I would assume they were not over torqued but under torqued or you never checked them after they were put back on.
The shop I worked at required you to return within 100 miles for a re-torque and if you didn't return it was on you.
If they didn't inform you they needed to be re-torqued you might be able to get them on that.
a little late, but this is probably more correct. as the lugs back off, the wheels pound on the studs, breaking them. also aftermarket wheels without propely fitted wheels with hub rings if needed are a cause of broken studs as well.
all vehicles leaving our shop have a tag put in them and the owner told to return for a re-torque within 100km(62m). don't check'em, your fault.

Members online

Back