Replace reverse lamp bulbs

Janobala

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't know why in the world I can't find this on here it's something pretty simple but I can't find it when I search. I need to replace the the left reverse lamp and right license plate lamp bulbs. How do I access them? The round plastic clips don't seem to pop out easily, is there any particular way to do it? I know other clips around the engine area have the small center part you pop out to remove the clip but it doesn't look like these do that at all, but they won't come out, tried to pop them out with a flat head. image.jpg

image.jpg

Just pull harder. There is a specific tool that you can get to remove these more easily, but there's no trick to it.

if you can get any tools (needle nose) on the stem and pull, might be a little easier.

I don't know why in the world I can't find this on here it's something pretty simple but I can't find it when I search. I need to replace the the left reverse lamp and right license plate lamp bulbs. How do I access them? The round plastic clips don't seem to pop out easily, is there any particular way to do it? I know other clips around the engine area have the small center part you pop out to remove the clip but it doesn't look like these do that at all, but they won't come out, tried to pop them out with a flat head. View attachment 828463978

Buy the tool, it looks like a pry fork on a screw driver handle. They are fairly cheap. walmart may even sell them. You will end up breaking clips without it. I think I payed $5.00 for it. You can use it on most vehicles.

Well I did get the clips out using 2 flat heads simultaneously, I got the new bulb in the reverse lamp but now I need to know how to get the license plate lamp. It doesn't look like you access it from the same area it almost seems like you pop it out from the outside because there 2 slots that seem like they can be used to access the light socket.(where my fingers are)image.jpg

image.jpg

Well I did get the clips out using 2 flat heads simultaneously, I got the new bulb in the reverse lamp but now I need to know how to get the license plate lamp. It doesn't look like you access it from the same area it almost seems like you pop it out from the outside because there 2 slots that seem like they can be used to access the light socket.(where my fingers are)View attachment 828463980

Access inside under carpet

there is a bulb socket from inside the trunk lid, do not try to pull the housing out

GL

I wouldn't use those same retainers. I bought something similar without the ridges but with a plastic screws in the center that makes it expand. That way you don't have to keep breaking them every time you need to get in there.

I did reach up there under the carpet but didn't really feel like you get it from there but it makes more sense than having to use those exterior tabs. I'll just remove the whole carpet unit and look as of now I only have some removed to get the reverse lamp.

And now it snowed so I don't wanna mess with it.. Out in the cold and deal with snow on the car.

It doesn't snow where you are ? Here in north east ohio man, it's like bipolar weather. I'm glad my dad took really good care of this car and always made sure it was clean in wintertime, he never let the salt rust it away. :)

Well this is it right now, here, and yeah show I got all my lights working besides the license plate, it needs a new socket anyway not just a bulb.image.jpg

image.jpg

Bleah... I have about 4 inches on the ground outside, with a day or two in the 0 degree range coming here in Tulsa.

The LS is pretty awful in the snow too.. Hah

It's just fine with proper snow tires.

Or so I've heard. I'm with Joe, although we're all bundled up here as it's only around 57º!!

Ah lol "only 57" that's funny. Try living here -_-

Naw...... I think we'll stay here for a while. Although 4 real seasons sounds nice. I'm pretty tired of summer, fire, rain and mudslides.........

Ever been to MooseJaw Canada before on a frosty morning at minus 39C ?
Try breathing through your nose in weather like that!

Members online

No members online now.
Back