Paul Walker's memorial meet and cruise

waggs

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
There's a meet and cruise going on in several states.
Ours here in Kansas City will be at the Legends on Dec. 8th at 12:00 by the Mc Donalds.

I don't get it, the guys were exceeding the 45mph limit by a great margin and basically killed themselves. Have you seen pictures of what's left of the car? I know many, many more people deserving of a memorial. Let's start with our KIA troops!

I understand what you are saying for sure. I was just passing the information along.

I understand what you are saying for sure. I was just passing the information along.

Roger..... I'm just a little bent as a bunch of wanna-be's showed up at Qualcomm in mourning saying he had such an impact on their lives. REALLY???? Someone who's job was playing make believe? James Dean's accident was much more tragic. He wasn't speeding and was driving responsibly and not showing-off. I've been through that intersection many times and I understand fully how the other driver didn't see Dean's car.

while I'm not arguing that there are a lot of people out there that also deserve a memorial of some sort.

I wouldn't blow it off as just some dude that played pretend for a living... I'm sure there are a lot of lives that he has effected in a positive way through the help to disaster victims from the non profit charity he founded.

also not really sure when riding as a passenger, and the driver pulls a dick move that kills the passenger, that its him (the passenger) "basically killing himself"

personally I would try to sound a little less dickish about it, because at the end of the day regardless of how it happened and who was at fault, there are now a couple of young kids that no longer have fathers to raise them. that is a tragedy every time, no matter who it happens to.

while I'm not arguing that there are a lot of people out there that also deserve a memorial of some sort.

I wouldn't blow it off as just some dude that played pretend for a living... I'm sure there are a lot of lives that he has effected in a positive way through the help to disaster victims from the non profit charity he founded.

also not really sure when riding as a passenger, and the driver pulls a dick move that kills the passenger, that its him (the passenger) "basically killing himself"

personally I would try to sound a little less dickish about it, because at the end of the day regardless of how it happened and who was at fault, there are now a couple of young kids that no longer have fathers to raise them. that is a tragedy every time, no matter who it happens to.

"a little less dickish about it" is an insulting response; not respectful of other forum members. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and we should respect that as long as they respect ours. Because we differ doesn't make us a bad person. A little tolerance in this world would make it a better place! Lighten up!

Well that didn't take long... I think its a little unfair to criticize (in general) someone for mourning (to whatever extent) when someone dies. Everyone is entitled to respect anyone they want. Just because you dont care for them, doesn't mean someone else can't. I appreciate any entertainer that can bring some joy into this world of ours (politics of celebrities aside). Yes, there are plenty of other people "deserving" of some type of memorial event, but to say "more deserving" is saying one person has more value than another, which is just unfair to everyone. If someone is unhappy with the support of a particular person or group, they should do something about it, not criticize the efforts of another.

That said he was a terrible actor.. lol :) ... but seemed like a good person, and its said both their lives ended so tragically.

He was a terrible actor in anything I've ever seen him in. Still, if people want to mourn him then go for it.

Well that didn't take long... I think its a little unfair to criticize (in general) someone for mourning (to whatever extent) when someone dies. Everyone is entitled to respect anyone they want. Just because you dont care for them, doesn't mean someone else can't. I appreciate any entertainer that can bring some joy into this world of ours (politics of celebrities aside). Yes, there are plenty of other people "deserving" of some type of memorial event, but to say "more deserving" is saying one person has more value than another, which is just unfair to everyone. If someone is unhappy with the support of a particular person or group, they should do something about it, not criticize the efforts of another.

That said he was a terrible actor.. lol :) ... but seemed like a good person, and its said both their lives ended so tragically.

My only point is that for some reason this society seems to idolize hypocrites (Greek for actor) when there are people who, by sacrificing their lives, rights and freedoms for others, are considered baby killers, rapists, gummint pawns, etc. and disrespected at many places like college campus' (or is it campi).

A fact only a veteran would know..... Military personnel are not covered by the Constitution. They are goverened by The Uniform Code of Military Justice. While serving we have NO Constitutional rights or protections!

I respect all the people who serve in our armed forces that keeps the great nation free.

You have to remember that this country sucks balls because of the people we have in it. We are spoiled. We don't give a damn about the men and women who defends us everyday. All we care about is for MY (not our) freedom and money, no matter how many people lose their lives. As long as I am alive, that what matters. <- That's why this country is wack!!!!

Only a few people; those who serve and those whom lost family, friends and even FOES, really understand what freedom is all about. Those who want to serve and those who do give a damn, you can count them with your fingers.

(this is funny) -> Well, it could be worse. In the people's defense (lol) at least Paul Walker is not a Holiday.

Just to clear the air.

I am a BIG Paul Walker fan for his good doing of the screen and his movies.
Also I am in love with our Armed Forces (REALLY BIG FAN). So I do respect both sides point of view.

My only point is that for some reason this society seems to idolize hypocrites (Greek for actor) when there are people who, by sacrificing their lives, rights and freedoms for others, are considered baby killers, rapists, gummint pawns, etc. and disrespected at many places like college campus' (or is it campi).

A fact only a veteran would know..... Military personnel are not covered by the Constitution. They are goverened by The Uniform Code of Military Justice. While serving we have NO Constitutional rights or protections!

Idolize may be a little strong (for Paul Walker), Although the allure of celebrity is strong across the world (as it always has)... it maybe be more disappointing what we consider "celebrities" now-a-days, but still doesn't change the fact that it will always exist.
Are our veterans treated the way they should, NO. Is mourning the death of an actor, more or less, going to change that, Absolutely not. I understand your frustration with our country towards vets, but it's hardly the fault of a person who wants to mourn the death of one man..... Feeling passion towards one, doesn't mean you can't have passion towards another.

If Chip Foose dies, or someone from any other genre (music, sports, etc.) will the mourners of them be a bunch of wanna be's that are wasting their time ? (dont laugh at me comparing the two :)) A car guy died that was apart of a particular car world... seems silly to be mad at those people it effected.

YES we need to do more Veterans, This ride far from the problem though.

You have to remember that this country sucks balls because of the people we have in it. We are spoiled. We don't give a damn about the men and women who defends us everyday. All we care about is for MY (not our) freedom and money, no matter how many people lose their lives. As long as I am alive, that what matters. <- That's why this country is wack!!!!

Only a few people; those who serve and those whom lost family, friends and even FOES, really understand what freedom is all about. Those who want to serve and those who do give a damn, you can count them with your fingers.

(this is funny) -> Well, it could be worse. In the people's defense (lol) at least Paul Walker is not a Holiday.

Yes our society has a lot of problems,

But to say I (or my son) does not understand what freedom is, or that I (or he) cant without serving or directly losing someone, is insulting. I know many people (Americans) with great Patriotism then those you list there.

What the hell does any of this have to do with Paul Walker?

If people want to mourn him then let them. Who are any of you to tell another individual how they should live their lives? Aren't you trampling on the very freedom you served to protect by doing so?

I think all this anger or contempt or whatever you want to call it is misplaced. It certainly has nothing to do with people wanting to mourn an actor they liked.

Can one really mourn someone they never knew?????

Can one really mourn someone they never knew?????

Well that kinda blows mourning soldiers out of the water doesn't it? I know a very small percentage of actual KIA soldiers.

Paul walker was a car guy, a car guy that applied his automotive interest into his acting career. Focus specifically on movies centered around automotive enthusiasm. Regardless of what you think about him or his movies, the impact they had on the automotive crowd was big. It brought many new folks into the world of automotive enthusiasm. Also in case anyone forgot here, this is a car forum, hence why you are hearing about memorial meets and cruises, because he was a car guy and that is car stuff. The same thing would be done for Chip Foose or any other impactful, well known person in the automotive world. Look at the memorial events for say Dale Earnhardt or Ayrton Senna.

Also, as far as I am concerned better treatment and resources are far more important to me and my veteran colleagues than any kind of monument. We have a bunch of those.

Open and shut.

Well that kinda blows mourning soldiers out of the water doesn't it? I know a very small percentage of actual KIA soldiers.

Ding

if we are only allowed to mourn the people we actually know, that only leaves one soldier for me, my best friends cousin (the three of us grew up together) was killed in the sandbox all the way back at the beginning, believe me, I did mourn him at his memorial service and for a great while afterwards... as for anybody else that was killed in action, I guess I'm not allowed to because I didn't know them.

somebody should probably tell all of the people (and there was a whole lot of them, like most of the country) that mourned for JFK that they shouldn't have been because I'm sure that very few of them actually knew him.

with all this talk about freedom and how most of us dont understand what it really is, why is it that somebody can't mourn whoever they want to without being told they should be mourning somebody else who is more important?

Is this STILL being discussed? If you want to mourn this guy, go ahead. If you don't, then don't. Mourning is a very personal thing, and it's not up to anyone else whether we do or don't mourn someone when they die. Can we put an end to this now?

Members online

No members online now.
Back