Uh BASS..... Zero

Chase4534

LVC Member
Reaction score
05 LS V8, I don't know much about the factory sound mark or audiophile system that came in the car. This is my second LS that I've owned and I replaced the head unit, door speakers, and everything else as soon as I bought the last one so I'm at a loss. There was bass yesterday when I drove back to Houston, but it's gone today. I'm thinking maybe I burned out a ch on the amp for the sub, I don't know but I'm listening....

05 LS V8, I don't know much about the factory sound mark or audiophile system that came in the car. This is my second LS that I've owned and I replaced the head unit, door speakers, and everything else as soon as I bought the last one so I'm at a loss. There was bass yesterday when I drove back to Houston, but it's gone today. I'm thinking maybe I burned out a ch on the amp for the sub, I don't know but I'm listening....

Do you get a high pitched whine from the rear subs? If so, then unplug the amp and plug it back in to see if it fixes it. I had that problem when I got mine and that's all I had to do. If that doesn't work, then the amp is either smoked or you've blown a fuse somewhere.

there is a problem with the OEM sub system...

its a simple system with two subs in the rear deck and an amp between them.

could be a lot of things, first thing i would check would be to check to see if the subs are good, you can use a small AA or 9V battery to see if the speakers "pop". if the speakers are good, then i would meter and see if there is voltage at the amps connector. if not check for the fuse. if the amp has power, i would check to see if it is getting its turn on signal, and its audio signal. if there is no audio signal, then the head unit is probably bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back