Help with coolant crossover

looks like it anyway.
make sure it has the 2 sensors in it cuz the gen 2 cross overs only have one sensor.

The 96-98 Cobra crossovers are supposed to be identical to first gen Mark VIIIs according to the Mustang guys. I'd snatch that second one up. Other than the usual peeling coating under the hoses, it looks to be in excellent shape.

For what it's worth, the part number for the O-rings is 391533-S100. You need 3, but you probably know that.

You can buy a polished one from me:
image_zps63906a84.jpg

Sorry quick I had already made him a offer for it just waiting on delivery now, time to get those o-rings. Any pointers would be good Phantom only thing ive had to replace is the alternator on this bby :D

you have to pull on that **** like if you were doing tug of war..lol..i used a crowbar, i put a folded big piece of cloth under the crowbar so I wouldnt dent or bend the tube...and i just pulled on that **** and wiggled it until it popped right out.

Update: Installed crossover, had a nut welded on the plug (fits 19mm I believe), then I noticed the cap from the resevoir wasn't holding pressure so I replaced that, now im noticing the plug on my fan is loose and sometimes wont turn on so im trying to find a solution to make it stay plugged in right.

my coolant crossover tube is leaking from the right side inlet where it goes intot he intake...any ideas? can I used silicone water pump sealer on it?

my coolant crossover tube is leaking from the right side inlet where it goes intot he intake...any ideas? can I used silicone water pump sealer on it?

Put a thin coat of oil on the o ring when reinstalling it to make sure it doesn't get pinched or tear.

As others have said, take it of and re-ring it. Simply putting silicone sealer on it will not hold pressure. And without the ability to hold pressure you will have overheating issues.

ok I took it out and changed the O-rings and no more leaking but I still smell coolant after I drive it....I think I might have a leak somewhere else.....?????

ok I took it out and changed the O-rings and no more leaking but I still smell coolant after I drive it....I think I might have a leak somewhere else.....?????

If it was leaking for some time, maybe it's burning off the coolant that leaked out. Take it for a ride down 75 @ 75 for a while. It will probably be fine when you get home.

yeah maybe is coolant that spilled somewhere...ill check and see tomorrow b/c today it was raining all day long.

Members online

No members online now.
Back