Ft end clunking

ONLYTONY

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just had my 95 aligned and the mech after a test ride was looking for a "clunk", and couldn't find one, everything like new. I mentioned that I read about Arrnott shocks start clunking after 1-2 years. Mine are about 2 years old. Does anybody know of a fix for this, or are they ready for the scrap pile? THANKS TONYyyy

Replaced my Arnott front shocks after 2-3 years. Went with the OEMs purchased from Amazon.
The Arnotts were clunking and could duplicate it by bouncing the front end.
Having good luck with their compressor, going on 5 years.

I recently bought a 98Ivory Pearl from Florida. It has Arnotts on the front and it makes a rattle sound when driving down the road with very few bumps.
It is a sound I never hear on my other three Marks . I also push down on the front and it does sound like it is coming from inside the airstruts.
I will be replacing them they have about 40 thousand miles on them or less.
I plan on breaking one down when I swap them out to see if they can be saved since they don't leak.

I'll be waiting to hear what you come up with. How long until you get to 40K? I can fix the clunk by turning the radio up, but I worry about safety. THANKS TONYyyy

ONLYTONY You misunderstood me. I thought the front Airstruts were replaced 40 thousand miles ago. But I was wrong. I can't find the receipt from the previous owner. So I don't know when the Arnotts were replaced.
The upper control arms were replaced at 60,000 miles.
The car has 96,000 on it.
It sounds more like a rattle on mine I'm almost positive its the Airstruts. I thing the internal shock is defective.

Speaking of front end clunking/squeaking, pretty sure I need to do something about my strut rod bushings. Apparently no one makes replacements that are worth a damn though. I have this whole Moog set in a bag but I've read they disintegrate in like 10k miles.

Speaking of front end clunking/squeaking, pretty sure I need to do something about my strut rod bushings. Apparently no one makes replacements that are worth a damn though. I have this whole Moog set in a bag but I've read they disintegrate in like 10k miles.

ford still makes them...

Strut rod to K Member bushing:
Inner: FORD E9SZ-3B271-A (two required)
Outer: FORD F7SZ-3A225-AA (two required)

Strut Rod to Lower Control Arm Bushing:
Front: FORD E9SZ3A140A (two required)
Rear: FORD E9SZ3A140B (two required)

I have Napa bushings, going on 5 years now.

My Mark is only driven 6000 miles a year.
The Arnotts still crapped out in a few years. Should of just bought the OEMS to begin with.

Members online

No members online now.
Back