It sound awesome with stock exhaust
Might put magnaflows
The supercharger whine is great
Its just as luxurious the ls
The best part is that it doesn't have issues like the ls
I get way more looks in the hd than in the ls

20131107_135342.jpg

20131107_135326.jpg

ha you read my mind i have been toying with the idea of ridding myself of the LS as well for a harley truck , i have always loved those truck,

will be either the harley truck , charger or an avalanche , still not sure which of the three

great buy looks ford-tastic

I LOVE those trucks! Always wanted a gray '01 but people want a fortune for them around here.

I've been lurking for a while, this thread finally made me sign up.

I used to own a 2003 Shamu, 80k miles, lowered 2" in the back, K&N CAI, Borla XR1s, stripped blower rotors and filled silencer holes. I loved the truck to death but to say they don't have issues is a lie. Just wait until you have a spark plug blow out or have to plug the vacuum port at the bottom of the "turkey pan" under the blower. Not to mention the PCV valve allows oil vapor to be sucked through blower and all that oil gets stuck in the intercooler. The rods in these trucks are made out of melted down monopoly pieces and like to break through the side of the block.

A couple of things to avoid the vented block club, never allow the truck to shift into OD at full throttle (typically around 115 mph), and never allow the truck to shift out of OD at full throttle (Full throttle at highway speeds and let it downshift 2 gears).

But Damn I loved that truck. Once I'm done with the LS i'm going to go back with a 2003 screw f-150 and put the lightning blower and rearend in it.

Sign up on lightningrodder.com and nhtoc.com and start reading! You'll want to pull that blower and intercooler and give it a good cleaning. Change those spark plugs while the blower is off.

My 2003:
IMAG0589.jpg

and a before and after of what you can look forward too with the intercooler:
IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

NICE! although it looks like they waxed with a scotchbrite!!! Enjoy

All cars have particular issues, this is life. However the plug blowing ford trait is a real pain.

Nice truck none the less.

ha you read my mind i have been toying with the idea of ridding myself of the LS as well for a harley truck , i have always loved those truck,

will be either the harley truck , charger or an avalanche , still not sure which of the three

great buy looks ford-tastic

I would suggest leaving the Avalanche off the list. They have problems with water leaks. The removable rear hatch thing was a bit of a mistake. A crew cab Silverado would be a much better choice than an Avalanche.

I would suggest leaving the Avalanche off the list. They have problems with water leaks. The removable rear hatch thing was a bit of a mistake. A crew cab Silverado would be a much better choice than an Avalanche.

Depends on your purposes. Avalanches are awesome for audio, as there's no need to cut metal for a blow through. Not to mention if you actually compete some organizations view the bed as a part of the cab due to no vehicular modifications being made to utilize the extra space. Chasing tenths of a decibel is a PITA.

Great truck! But for that money you didnt like a nice 03 similarly Mileaged Jag STR? If you liked your LS that would have been a direct upgrade lol luxury, brembos, supecharged, 23(?) mpg etc. no likey?

Maybe you needed a truck? Anyway, good choice hope you have a good experience with it.

for that money you didnt like a nice 03 similarly Mileaged Jag STR? If you liked your LS that would have been a direct upgrade lol luxury, brembos, supecharged, 23(?) mpg etc. no likey?

while i love everything the STR has going on under its skirt, I personally hate how most of the jag of that period look (new ones, pretty much feel the opposite). the shape, its curves, headlights, the grill, I really just dont like any of it. its just too different from how the LS looks with its BMWish style. I know, I know a lot of yall are not gonna agree with it, sorry its just how my taste is.

Ideally, I want a 2nd generation V, but those have yet to fallen into my price category, i have a feeling what every I get next is probably gonna have a 5.0 in it, or possibly a LS2/LS3.)

Great truck! But for that money you didnt like a nice 03 similarly Mileaged Jag STR? If you liked your LS that would have been a direct upgrade lol luxury, brembos, supecharged, 23(?) mpg etc. no likey?

Maybe you needed a truck? Anyway, good choice hope you have a good experience with it.

I dont like the way the str looks
it shares one trait with the ls the weird bolt pattern
5x135 not many good looking wheels to choose from
Not that there are better looking wheels than the stocks though
The interior is way more luxurious than the ls even my moms nav
It has quad captains seats
ill post some pics for you guys tomorrow

These seats are comfortable but need bigger side bolstering

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

Nice switch. I always liked those lightnings and Harleys.

Members online

No members online now.
Back