What did you do to your LS today?

This is the main reason I get oil changes at a garage I trust, vs just jacking the car up in my driveway. I obviously don't have a lift and I check out all my parts while it's up there.

When you find **** like this its really frustrating, do you take it back to the incompetient ****s and have em fix it for free knowing they suck at life? Can't express how comforting it is to have a garage where you know and trust the people and their work.

I took the sound system out and put the stock stereo back in
I also put in an entire catback I bought at pick n pull for 40 dollars I hate how it sounds its too quiet
I just have a few more things to do to get it ready to sell
Im going upgrade to a supercharged harley davidson f150

i had some douchecanoe steal 2 of my wheel caps about 2 weeks ago. so i bought a set of 4 off ebay, did some refurbishing of them, and just thought of reversing the color scheme on the lincoln star. stock, the star is silver and background is black, so the star really blends into the wheel around it. i'm gonna paint the star black and the background silver, so the star pops more. lol check out my PS skills.

$T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEHv4BR2w72o(cQ~~60_57.jpg
$T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEHv4BR2w72o(cQ~~60_572.jpg

$T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEHv4BR2w72o(cQ~~60_57.jpg

$T2eC16F,!yUE9s6NEHv4BR2w72o(cQ~~60_572.jpg

Sorry haven't really been active on here. Just added a quart of oil today. My oil consumption is getting to be 1.5 quarts in between 5000mile changes. It's really making me uneasy especially with only 79k miles.

Sorry haven't really been active on here. Just added a quart of oil today. My oil consumption is getting to be 1.5 quarts in between 5000mile changes. It's really making me uneasy especially with only 79k miles.

Yea....... At just shy of 120K miles my '06 uses no oil between extended changes. I'm at 9K on this oil and it still registers full (the top dot).

Yea....... At just shy of 120K miles my '06 uses no oil between extended changes. I'm at 9K on this oil and it still registers full (the top dot).

My filler neck leaks somewhat and there is oil around the vvt solenoids but not enough to justify the usage. The times near..

Insurance elapsed and did not renew this year, plates are off, summer wheels are off, stock winters are on for storage only.
Dumped a bottle of fuel stabilizer in and filled with Shell 91+. Vacuumed out and removed the floor mats, cleaned out the trunk.
Spare tire returned to the trunk storage area ... in the garage and lightly detailing the exterior before throwing the moving pads over her tonight.

Season 2013 LS // END.

List of mods & repairs // BEGIN.

Washed/waxed. Installed storage wheels, and throwing her in storage tomorrow. Well not throwing but ya know what I mean lol

Since I'm doing another motor in my Cobra I put the LS in storage because I have no garage space for it. Still driving my Sebring around instead

Trying to get the garage cleaned out in time.....it seems to storage unit for the kids....lol

Took the headlamps off, at this rate I may have the bumper off by the end of the year.

Man, I'd consider opening a vein!!

I dunno, a Sebring seems just the thing to drive in the winter. If someone runs into it, who cares, it's a Sebring. If you slide off the road into a ditch, who cares, it's a Sebring. At least he'll never have to worry about coming out of a store somewhere and finding it's been stolen. Who's gonna steal it, it's a Sebring. :p

Trying to get the garage cleaned out in time.....it seems to storage unit for the kids....lol

Sorry kids, I though you put that out in the garage for me to take to the dump.

I dunno, a Sebring seems just the thing to drive in the winter. If someone runs into it, who cares, it's a Sebring. If you slide off the road into a ditch, who cares, it's a Sebring. At least he'll never have to worry about coming out of a store somewhere and finding it's been stolen. Who's gonna steal it, it's a Sebring. :p

EXCELLENT points!!!!!! I was just thinking about having to drive the thing! Been there, done that, have the T-shirt. We had a Plymouth Breeze on vaca in Hawai'i a few years ago. The thing had less than 100 miles and stalled 3 times the first few hours we had it. We got a "much better" :confused: replacement; a PT Cruiser!! Should have taken the Jeep!!!!!!!

Sorry kids, I though you put that out in the garage for me to take to the dump.

My Sebring is 100x more reliable than my LS, even with 4x the miles. Its definitely my beater. I learned early on, even in high school, to drive a pos around and keep my nice car tucked away. And people don't steal cars here lol.. Although my smart start system does have gps tracking ;-)

Sad but true. I LOVE the looks, design, and ride if the LS. Such a gorgeous car. Ford could have really knocked it out of the park had they not joined forces with jokeuar

Actually...... Ford OWNED Jaguar........

EVERY manufactured machine can have a problem. I have more than a couple friends with LSes. Add theirs to my 3 and there's quite a few totally reliable LSes. One thing about these cars..... They LOVE to be driven! Sitting around seems to cause all sorts of issues. It also depends on how well the original owner treated it. I have had many more issues with second hand cars than I ever did with one I purchased new.

Sorry you seem to have acquired a less than acceptable example.

...Sorry you seem to have acquired a less than acceptable example.

Yes, my LSes (purchased new) have been as reliable or more reliable than any of the other cars I have or had (several of them purchased new as well).

Not only that, but the LS is a Jaguar platform .....

The DEW98 was a joint design between Ford and Jaguar, but I certainly have to agree that the LS is much more a Jaguar creation than a Ford one. (I do mean that in a positive way.)

Not only that, but the LS is a Jaguar platform .....

The DEW98 Platform was engineered by Ford and Jaguar staff. It was debuted in the LS. It is still in use today as the platform for the current Jaguar XF.

Actually...... Ford OWNED Jaguar........

EVERY manufactured machine can have a problem. I have more than a couple friends with LSes. Add theirs to my 3 and there's quite a few totally reliable LSes. One thing about these cars..... They LOVE to be driven! Sitting around seems to cause all sorts of issues. It also depends on how well the original owner treated it. I have had many more issues with second hand cars than I ever did with one I purchased new.

Sorry you seem to have acquired a less than acceptable example.

I'm fully aware Ford owned jag. I own alot of Fords. The LS is hardly Ford at all. And you can't deny that. It doesn't share any architecture with any other Ford minus the Tbird. Doesn't use Ford style electronics, bolt patterns, engine family, suspension, etc. Only real Ford part on the car is the tranny.

Mine only has 44k. Its not a lemon nor have I had a ton of problems, but I have had to fix a few that I feel i should not have, at least not at this mileage.

And these cars do have a HORRIBLE reputation for reliability. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE these cars. I really really do. Sometimes I think I love it more than my 600 horse Cobra, but I still trust the Cobra more.....

As there aren't too many cars in this class, I've looked at CTS-V's, but honestly, they probably have even more issues than us. I have a friend with one, and its in the shop at least once a month. Pathetic.. such a cool car. I still think my next one is going to have to be a 5 series. More power, better handling, and just as big of a pain in the ass

I bought an SCT and tunes from Torrie and picked up some Lloyd rubbermite mats. Very, Very, very satisfied with both of those.

Members online

No members online now.
Back