I was WRONG!

Scrool to top of MK8 forum page. On right, click on "search forum". Then click on "advanced search". Then when that page pops up, at very top under "search for" put my screen name in the second box down. Then one box up move over to where is says "search entire post" click on arrow at end of that and little window will pop up click on lower one that says "search titles only" then click the "search now" button little bit down and to right.

Come on guys,shouldn't be like this on the Forums..This is why I never really wanted to get on the forums,we are supposed to all be grown adults and brothers in arms..now that i'm here,i'll check you if you are acting like a child in a thread i'm on...this is supposed to be a socially based informative outlet for us...So some guys don't want to let everything out of the bag so what,it's their hard work and seat time and I will be thankful at any info guys are willing to share..

There are some awesome members here same with LOD were you posted.
Sorry to say..... the forums can be childish at times.
With that said I have met some great people and made good friends.

Most would love to see a write up on your car looking forward to it myself.
The details of the 5.4 swap are intriguing c heads, cobra intake....did you use plates? or modifyed intake?
Too bad it got stuck in the 13s....:)

:W

There are some awesome members here same with LOD were you posted.
Sorry to say..... the forums can be childish at times.
With that said I have met some great people and made good friends.

Most would love to see a write up on your car looking forward to it myself.
The details of the 5.4 swap are intriguing c heads, cobra intake....did you use plates? or modifyed intake?
Too bad it got stuck in the 13s....:)

:W
Pretty sure he did a 4.6L aviator swap. That means he just bolted the 99 cobra intake right on. Throw the bottle on your car then your in the 12's!

Scrool all the way to top of this page. On right, click on "advanced search". Then when that page pops up, at very top under "search for" put my screen name in the second box down. Then one box up move over to where is says "search entire post" click on arrow at end of that and little window will pop up click on lower one that says "search titles only" then click the "search now" button little bit down and to right.
Next to user name is a little box, change it to "threads started by user" instead of "find latest post buy user."

Pretty sure he did a 4.6L aviator swap. That means he just bolted the 99 cobra intake right on. Throw the bottle on your car then your in the 12's!

Ya,it was a 04 Aviator which is a 4.6..the best I got out of here was 11.90's on 150 shot but that was a very basic cheap zex kit with tiny solenoids...Running 400hp Nitrous Outlet Solenoids,6an feed lines and tandem Bottles,10lb+15lb.. Duel Bottles.jpg

Duel Bottles.jpg

Still working on cleaning up the engine bay,I know it's cluttered but it is what it is for now..lol5.0 Engine bay.jpg

And still working on a better looking CIA setup,this works very good for now...i'm trying to win races,not car shows.LMAO!!

5.0 Engine bay.jpg

557382_4334183400798_1206521660_n.jpg

the Aviator setup before i dropped it in..didn't have the Cobra setup in hand yet at this point...

20130718_193615.jpg
20130718_193656.jpg
20130718_193621.jpg

I do need to get rid of the Cobra setup above..the intake is minus the rails,used them on the Coyote but the SFI underdrive pulleys i only had on the car for like a month or two before i started the swap...If yall know anybody that could use this stuff let me know...

557382_4334183400798_1206521660_n.jpg

20130718_193615.jpg

20130718_193656.jpg

20130718_193621.jpg

Took me awhile but got 12.576 run to upload to photobucket. His memory ran out right after I launched on the best run of 12.573. And yep I know I bulbed. Hope it works.
th_DSCN0109_zps0ad17283.jpg

Are you running skinnies up front?If so what size?I really need to put a set on mine but i haven't checked to see if they will clear the calipers...

Are you running skinnies up front?If so what size?I really need to put a set on mine but i haven't checked to see if they will clear the calipers...

Dude you need to just read all my threads. LOL
I had cobra brakes up front at the time when this was done.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?85592-Billet-front-wheel-adapters-machining
I just went to these from nasty stock MK8 setup.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?91325-Drag-race-front-brakes

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?89151-Scored-part-deux

Now let me know if you think I'm keeping secrets?? :)

what back spacing did you use on the runners for the Pro Stars? I have adapters/spacers 1" thick already..

Pretty good run against that DSM!! Big time red light thoughHMPnoSparkadd1stpass.nov01_30%ramp1.70sec.jpg..lol

What she ran last night with the new controller...Track was trash,cold and dense wet air so she blew the whole 60,and I only launched @ 30% with 1.7 sec ramp...

HMPnoSparkadd1stpass.nov01_30%ramp1.70sec.jpg

Pretty good run against that DSM!! Big time red light thoughView attachment 828463290..lol

What she ran last night with the new controller...Track was trash,cold and dense wet air so she blew the whole 60,and I only launched @ 30% with 1.7 sec ramp...

Thanks that little thing was racing me all night. The Welds are 4 inches wide. I think they only make one BS deal for those.Driller runs them too. The redlight was not really that big. LOL It was a -.094 the score board shows it as .94 for some reason. I just wanted to add one friendly thing to you. You might want to start your own threads titled COYOTE MARK or Black momba ect then when people search for your stuff they will find it in your threads. :)

I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about!!:confused: So after reading this thread, I am still clueless, but anybody who is "Right on the Mark" and titles his thread "I was WRONG" has got to be a pretty humble and intelligent dude! I am not much for computers myself!

:)

Sure couldn't see the tire sizes in that video. Are we still waiting on a picture, do you care to just type them, or will that be another unanswered question?

I want to know how you guys are launching these Marks to get these 60' times? Line locks or trans break and at what RPM?
My tin canned 90 fox set up track use only 60's at 1.60 using line locks at about 2300 rpm, it only makes 265hp to rear wheels. It runs 12.40-60 @ 105mph depending on air.

My Mark is making around 600ftlb's of torque 90Boss,lol...over 500 of that is on tap off the line around 3500..

I want to know how you guys are launching these Marks to get these 60' times? Line locks or trans break and at what RPM?
My tin canned 90 fox set up track use only 60's at 1.60 using line locks at about 2300 rpm, it only makes 265hp to rear wheels. It runs 12.40-60 @ 105mph depending on air.
I have no linelock or trans brake. I footbrake/flash to like 3800 rpm.

Ok sounds good, so I have 4;10's, trac lok and a tuner, what torque convertor should I buy for my Mark? I've read 3800 stall but from who? How much weight have you cut? My fox weights 2800 with the driver.

I'm running a billet Circle D Pro Mod Tripple disk,got over 200 passes on it...My guy had it built when I was running Aviator motor so it hasn't been restalled for the Coyote,so it is only flashing at 2600 instead of 3500 ish like it show..was a really long wait to get it done when I was doing the swap and I didn't want to wait,was ready to race..lol I just put skinnies on the other day so I don't know what she weighs now,but it was 4115 with me in it,that's with 3/4 tank gas 1 10lb & 15lb bottles in the trunk and a full subwoofer set up in the trunk..LMFAO!!!

im asking the person i sold them 2 because i was in the 12's with old setup and stock 16" street tires
sold all stuff since i cant do the work. myself anymore and needed the money im happy with stock setup and car rich got for me just lms exhaust no headers they are really only worth 9 hp over stock manifolds unless your running cams, nos, or s/charger. ask geno hes done dyno on them too with a whole exhaust swap headers and2.5 pipes 25-30 hp on stock a little less on lsc since they already have true duals.

Members online

No members online now.
Back