1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe HELPPP

Travisg32v

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got an awesome deal on a 1988 Thunderbird turbo Coupe with a 5 Speed, sunroofm etc. runs and drives great, and shifts perfect, has 113K for 1500$, the issue i am having is with the headlight assemblies, THEIR ARE NO REPRODUCTIONS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE for the 1987-1988 thunderbirds, and the headlights on the car are so dim you can barely drive it at night! i have tried polishing the lenses many times with PlastX, but with little to no luck on improving the headlights visual quality and functionability, would it be better to install a HID kit in the housings and re-seal the headlights so i can polish the inside of the lens to remove the yellowing? dont know what to do. If anyone has any ideas or links to headlight bulbs please let me know.

Thanks,
Travis

Did you wet sand the housings? Are TC housing different then regular Thunderbird housings? I see aftermarket for those.

Oh you lucky dog! I miss my old '88 Turbo Coupe soooooo bad!!! Mine was black with black/grey cloth interior, 5-speed, and power everything. No sunroof though. And I do believe the headlights are interchangeable between the base and TC for that year. The signal lights are different though. They are smaller on the base T-Bird because the grill is wider on the base. But good luck with it. Those are fantastic cars! I hope the Automatic Ride Control still works because you seriously can't find electronic shocks for them anymore.

Omg I'm so mad u put this in a mark viii forum it's just soo ridiculous, jk some dbag posted that when put a similar thread about my conti on here, anyways I would definitely get a restoration kit at autozone or wherever if u didn't already try wet sanding it, my conti headlights came out pretty good and hids definitely wouldn't hurt

I've come across a few turbo coupes in the junkyards over the past two years..they're out there, check ebay for new lenses..go to tccoa and post a wanted ad..SOMEONE should have a set.

Members online

Back