Ordering this tonight :(

pagluy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Will be taking delivery in 3 months. Yes it's not RWD. But it's a helluva nice car, and fantastic looking. I haven't wanted something (that I could afford) this bad since I saw the LS for the first time almost 14 years ago. All glass roof, Xenon lights, and a metallic silver paint are the only extras I'm getting on it.

Anyone wanna buy a '05 LS w/ 63k-ish miles that will still be warrantied until Nov. of next year or 10k miles, has been maintained and had everything fixed whenever it was broken? :) Some blemishes, but only minor!

cla.jpg

cla.jpg

Wait, what.. It's not rwd? I didn't know that. No wonder its able to be priced so cheap.

Have you thought about maybe getting a Charger instead? Then you'd have a RWD car for the same money, and a lot of the current Charger's development would have been done when Mercedes owned Chrysler. Or, maybe get an off-lease car to let someone else take the initial purchase hit, and get a RWD Mercedes if that's what you want? I just can't see buying a FWD car when there's a choice to not buy one.

And, with the frowny face on your thread title, it seems you already don't like the car and you won't take delivery for 3 months. If you already don't like it, why buy to begin with?

Honestly, it looks like a hyundai with a different front clip.

^ you guys are dumb... Enjoy the new ride... The interiors are amazing.

Not even close

I suppose everyone has a different subjective opinion. To ME, it looks like a Hyundai with a different front clip. It just doesn't look like a Benz to me. But hey, some people must really like the look, since they are obviously selling.

So, I agree that you have a subjective opinion, and it does not align with my subjective opinion.

As long as you like it, who cares about what anyone else thinks. BTW NOTHING on earth is uglier than a Nissan Juke... NOTHING. Something we can all agree on? :)

When dude backed into my car a while back, the insurance company tried to rent me a Nissan Vuze for the week. I drove it to work because I had to, then called the rental place. Told them that I have an image to uphold, and I can't be seen in this piece of sh*t. The replacement? A f*cking 2013 Toyota Corolla. WTF? I called other rental places. Closest place to have a large luxury vehicle (or ANY luxury vehicle) was 4 hours away. Worst driving experience of my life.

And that even includes driving a Ford Probe with a banner on the windshield that said "SEXY BITCH". And another window sticker on the back that said "bad ass girls ride bad ass boys."

The frowny face is because I'm sad to leave the LS. But it's time, and Lincoln has nothing else I'd buy. This car is a competitor to the MKZ, but the MKZ is nowhere near as nice (and it's front end is hideous - rear end is a killer though).

Yes, FWD 4cyl turbo, but it has almost 260lb torque and each front wheel has a separate axel, to reduce FWD negatives like understeer. When I stomped the gas it went fast and it went straight. MB quotes 0-60 at 6.9s. MotorTrend got it to do 0-60 in 6.5. When you drive it, it feels about the same as the LS in terms of grunt.

And yeah looks are subjective, but I don't see Hyundai in it at all. It's based off the CLS which is the only MB I would realistically want (the styling of it kills me). In person, it's the best looking car in the price range I want to spend. Haven't felt this way about a car since I first saw the LS back in 1999.

I considered a 320i and the ATS. The ATS while good on paper was not as nice in person as I thought and it has an ugly rear end, and the 3 series is ugly all over except from the side.

In my test drives, I really didn't feel like I was losing much performance-wise in this from the LS.

Plus it gets 38mpg highway, has a fancy 7-speed DCT transmission, paddle shifters, and mine has a panoramic glass roof.

But let me put it this way: if they still made the LS this would never have happened. :(

Mercedes-Benz-CLA-Class-2014-012.jpgMercedes-Benz-CLA-Class-2014-017.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-CLA-Class-2014-012.jpg

Mercedes-Benz-CLA-Class-2014-017.jpg

I'm not normally a fan of stock photos anyways. Probably looks better in person, so I shouldn't be too quick to judge.

The Jag XF 5.0 is a strong contender for when I replace the LS.

The Jag XF 5.0 is a strong contender for when I replace the LS.

I was with you for a while there. That car is beautiful, one of the best looking on the road. Then I read about all the issues they're having, and decided that + the 30k used price for a couple year old one was more than what I want to deal with. I already dealt with a million issues on the LS, I wanted something mostly worry & maintenance free for a while.

It does look great in person.

I do see they Hyundai resemblance, but it's mostly in the doors. Also for what it's worth, I don't even like the looks of the CLS.

Honestly, it is a lot of car for the money, considering it's a benz and all, but my view in life is to buy used if you can. Sure, you will probably want/need to replace at least 1k of things right off the bat, but that is still miles cheaper than paying for depreciation. I feel like this benz will depreciate probably as bad as a LS.

As far as looking at LS replacements, I think an 09 STS-V will be pretty well priced when that time comes.

can't wait to see some pics!

I was looking at some Jags XF. Lot of design and quality there. Console not full of buttons either. The only problem I see is that the dealers are few and far apart for service. The one I`am looking at is a 2012 XF
20,000 km and 5 year bumper to bumper warranty. The best i liked about it was absolutely no road noise at all.

d42c25f3-056b-4904-ac36-dec8b663c411[1].jpg

d42c25f3-056b-4904-ac36-dec8b663c411[1].jpg

Looks pretty nice, I'm sure you'll enjoy something fresh. The improved MPG will certainly be a nice plus.

Yes, FWD 4cyl turbo, but it has almost 260lb torque and each front wheel has a separate axel, to reduce FWD negatives like understeer.

ALL FWDers have, and have always had, an axle per side...... They HAVE to or the car would be undriveable!

Normally I'd agree with you (after all I'm a GM guy) but Pontiac is no more, and they only made about 28,000 of these cars. It's not going to be long before parts can't be found for them.

Having driven an orphaned car (XR4Ti) long after it was out of production I wouldn't sweat it. My problem with the G8s are the high resale value of the models I would want (one with the MTX). Which are selling for what they went for new if not more.

It's too bad that the only G8 I would pursue would be like finding a needle in a haystack (1829 total). Even more so if you're searching in Canada (6/1829). Enthusiasts scooped these up as collectors as the last Pontiacs to be made.

Don't be too worried though, they sold 500,000 of the Holden variant the Commodore and the G8 influenced the SS which is a stellar looking car in person.

Anyways, I was wondering about those cars and how they made an MB starting at $30k. Have fun!

Members online

Back