System check full of poopies?

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I ask because when I run my LS through a system check it tells me the charging system is ok. I know this not to be true since the voltage is at 12.17 running or not. Tested at the alts output and readings are the same. I know the alt is bad, figured it was going to fail due to all the trans fluid the fan pump poured on it. But what a lame feature to have if all it does is lie.
When the battery was almost dead and only had 10.5 volts the car still displayed that all was good...... well it seemed concerned the cabin filter was old. :shifty:

Anyone else notice this before?

My LS did the same with the headlights; one of my bulbs were out but the system said they were ok...I think it's just Ford though. My dads 97 explorer(at 105k miles at the time) lied about the charging system also when it didn't have enough power to start the car. And the door monitor would say a door is open when everything was closed. -_-

I haven't had that issue with the Marks system. If it said light was out, it was out. If there was an air ride issue it was reported. Don't ever recall if it checked voltage though.

Yea Idk what the issue was about my car, I just replaced the light bulb, but my dad had his whole info system reset for his truck. I need to get mine checked soon to see if it's any other issues

I haven't had that issue with the Marks system. If it said light was out, it was out. If there was an air ride issue it was reported. Don't ever recall if it checked voltage though.

The LS message center doesn't check voltage either.
It's just telling you if the alternator light is on or off. The alternator light is triggered by the alternator reporting that it is working too hard.

My message center has always been accurate. With the exception of my GEN I throwing a momentary "trunk open" from time to time.

My 2003 is also inaccurate. Last time I had a blinker out it reported it, but right now I have a blinker out and it's saying everything works.

I've had a tail light out and it never showed anything...but boy when it needs an oil change...it's spot on..haha

Members online

No members online now.
Back