LS: Hulk Edition

Andrizzle

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
After some members had some fun trolling around while my car was in repair. The time has come to show what happened to the matte mobile.

BEFORE:
p1160022z.jpg

DURING:

MAKE SHIFT PAINT BOOTH
0yc8.jpg

edm0.jpg

prqc.jpg

kxcm.jpg

cgrf.jpg

jz08.jpg

r9tc.jpg

bvae.jpg

qcc3.jpg

Pretty sure my neighbors thought I was cooking meth.
8w7c.jpg

This is how I did rear window gasket.
ol4r.jpg

7sde.jpg

s7gi.jpg

eq7v.jpg

FIRST PASS:
ur1j.jpg

qxcd.jpg

grs0.jpg

ONE GALLON APPLIED:
wcgb.jpg

7v42.jpg

ngmw.jpg

TWO GALLONS APPLIED:
zxwl.jpg

r1dy.jpg

282d.jpg

THREE GALLONS APPLIED:
skuj.jpg

0e7v.jpg

l2op.jpg

AFTER:

Car was pretty much covered after 3 gallons, shot about 1/3 of a fourth gallon over a few fragile areas and started unwrapping.
r9e3.jpg

fx38.jpg

pc6l.jpg

ugxw.jpg

hdut.jpg

Weather has been uncooperative since I finished so I have not really had opportunity for a legitimate shoot. These will suffice for now:
vkhd.jpg

ps19.jpg

3i4o.jpg

yhi1.jpg

ybio.jpg

A few closeups of some details.
ivd1.jpg

ken3.jpg

4oe7.jpg

uf0z.jpg

Thanks for viewing, I will post better photos as soon as it stops raining.

Holy **** dude I thought your car looked great before but this amazing , and im glad you didnt actually sell your car for 7500 lol

When I heard green, I was skeptical. But I admit, that looks great, man.

Epic.

Awesome work Drizz.

Gonna do the calipers or wheels too?

Looks like you did a great job.
Really not feeling the lime green, tho
Either way good work!

Niiiice dude. Good call leaving the roof black

Very nice work. Can't say the color is complementary to the car but that's probably because I don't like to see green on anything but vegetation.

If you ever go to paint again I'd suggest priming the car before painting. Priming the car will help the paint stick better, and it takes less paint to cover and match when the entire car is primed the same color. Under some lighting conditions, when the car under the paint is more than one color it can show through the paint. The main concern for yours would be the driver front fender as it was a different, lighter color than the rest of the car, but hopefully the extra bit you put on will be enough to keep it from looking slightly off.

but Does it glow in the dark?

lol so glad you didnt sell your car man ,

Telco he is using plasti dip , but you are right on having a base coat , he should have used a coat of grey plasti dip before this according to the plasti dip website and apparently the color is going to fade overtime when exposed to UV too much , only reason I didnt buy a kit like this but I still like what he did

Thanks for the honest comments guys. I know it is isn't that appealing of a color to everyone. I just needed to do something different after driving a ninja mobile in matte black.

As for the primer basecoat, no this is plastdip, no prep other than cleaning needed.

For ghost, no this is not a fluorescent color, this is part of their line of bright colors that do not fade from UV and do not need a basecoat.

If you look, the coverage is actually phenomenal with this particular rubber dip spray color.

Ahh gotchu , I wanna get this color but in gloss in a vinyl wrap , any issues when you had yours on ? How are you liking the plasti dip so far ? Sorry for all the questions but I really like the way your car looks

Can I get gloss black Plastic Dip that looks just like paint?

M4rk if you want a gloss black in plasti dip form , you would have to get regular black plasti dip and buy glossifier but it wouldnt look like actual paint

Well I actually liked the car in the black plasti dip but hate the green. Don't get me wrong, you did a great job and I like the car but I just hate loud green cars. Even on a Lambo I hate it. But its yours and if you like it, well that's all that matters. That being said, make it black again. :p

I'm older (mid 40's), but I think it looks great. I much prefer that look over two tones or graffics on 4 door cars.

I like it. It takes a special kind of ls to rock something like that but I think you're ls is doing great at it.

Hi Guys!

New member here....I just bought recently (maybe 3 weeks ago now..) my 2005 Lincoln LS, Luxury Sedan...

Is there anyone have a good pix on how to install an aftermarket HID? How to replace the OEM connection of my low beam headlight?

I bought a 6k HID with slim ballast...I thought it would be easy....when I saw it, it's kinda complicated for me....Just scared to mess up something...coz it's my everyday car for work too....

Thanks,
Wolverine

^^ this is not the place to talk about that sort of thing. Search the site. Lots of people have installed aftermarket hid kits. I'm sure there's a thread already about this topic.

New member here....
New member and first post CHECK

Is there anyone have a good pix on how to install an aftermarket HID? How to replace the OEM connection of my low beam headlight?
asking a question without searching that has been answered a hundred times CHECK

thread jacking somebody else's topic that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic CHECK

Congratulations! Very few new members can ever get the trifecta of sh!t you should never do on any forum right off the bat like that. I'm sure that you will make many many friends here...

Members online

Back