Bad FM Reception

lincolnelite

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody got the same issue on the stock radio? My CD changer is already busted and just relied on radio. Am I better off replacing it or it might be a loose/cut/open antenna issue.

Check the connector, driver side under the C plier cover, a known weak point.

Rear window metallic tint will reduce reception.

No luck on pressing the module at the rear. Tried unplugging the connector to the rear glass and it doesn't have any effect. Been busy this weekend, I'll try do some resistance check this weekend.
I like the looks of the stock radio but it's really a POS. I have a 2002 explorer and it has the same CD changer (CD Error) issue the FM reception is better though.

It turned out my speakers are bad, on low volume it becomes distorted. Mid level volumes are OK but not sounding right. The worst one is on the rear passenger door. Replaced the front ones with new Pioneer 3 way speakers and shifted the fader to Front only, big improvement. Going to swap the old front speakers with the rears this weekend. I also replaced the HU with a bluetooth capable one, I could make and receive calls without taking out my cell from my pocket as well as Pandora and music streaming.

Members online

No members online now.
Back