Kinda Excited

Travisg32v

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Local Buy-here Pay-here car dealer has a dark green 98 base model with 130k and chrome directionals in near mint condition and a 93 panther edition thats lowered with aftermarket chrome 5 spoke bullitt-type rims and all blacked out trim with 170k for sale at the same lot, i have wanted another mark for such a long time now and may have worked out a deal on financing both in as-is condition , he wants 1600 obo for the 93 and 3999$ for the 98 (yes i know its a little steep) and will make a package deal for financing with a cash down payment for both, i dont know what to offer but i was thinking 4500$ for both cars. I will keep you guys posted and if it works out i might just have to post up some pics of both cars with my pewter 97 ;)

You could offer 4500 but how much are you putting down and at what %. The rate of the financing should be your biggest concern @ a bhph.

And once all that interest comes into play, how much is it really going to cost to get both of those cars?

No way I'd finance something for 4 grand..these things are cash cars at this point, why pay a dime more in interest when it's not worth sh*t in the first place? Just save your money and buy it outright. A guy I work with financed a newer (05ish) ford F150 for around $6k from a small used car dealer by me and mentioned they wired in some kind of timer/beeper that alarms when his monthly payment comes due. I guess it is wired into the ignition so they can kill it if you don't pay on time! Thats ridiculous!

NOT worth it! Any buy here/pay here dealer is going to charge you an arm and a leg in interest. The mileage on both cars is super high for the price. I'd buy both for $3,600. I'm sorry but just too much mileage for the price.

I paid 2500 for a 98 black base with 117k on it, great car fax, from Nevada with not one spec of rust on it and I think I paid a little to much. Find a private party sale and be patient.

Prices may be OK but
Like said before watch the interest rates.
Normally a signature loan would be cheaper.

He's probably got about 2500 in the cars is my guess, could be less though. He marked them up and is going to get you on the interest.

My advice? Scrounge up 3k for the "Mint" 98 or just walk away from the whole deal. The last thing you want are 2 old a$$ high mileage Mark Viii's that you paid to much for on top of a couple grand in interest.

Pics would help, but I would never buy something from a buy here pay here! That's just me though. Never have/never will!

Yeah, you guys are right, i went and checked out both cars, the dealer proceeded to tell me he would only take 4500$ for both CASH and that to finance both he would want 4000$ for the gen 2 and 1600$ for the gen 1 so a totat of 5600$ plus interest NO THANKS, and he wanted to tell me his gen 2 was a 1999 Mark 8 i laughed out loud. Im definitely passing on this deal, besides what i really want is an Evergreen metallic Gen 2 With Chrome directionals or a nice set of Octi's, so now i gotta decide, do i save up for the 3600 stall, new trans, exhaust, and a SCT tune for my mark, or keep driving it around in "annoying-mode" with the 4.10s and factory tune/ shift schedule, its becomign a real pita lately when left in overdrive, im getting some TC shutter also, so ill probably just do that, not gonna risk just j-modding and a fluid service on a trans with 138k

Yeah, you guys are right, i went and checked out both cars, the dealer proceeded to tell me he would only take 4500$ for both CASH and that to finance both he would want 4000$ for the gen 2 and 1600$ for the gen 1 so a totat of 5600$ plus interest NO THANKS, and he wanted to tell me his gen 2 was a 1999 Mark 8 i laughed out loud. Im definitely passing on this deal, besides what i really want is an Evergreen metallic Gen 2 With Chrome directionals or a nice set of Octi's, so now i gotta decide, do i save up for the 3600 stall, new trans, exhaust, and a SCT tune for my mark, or keep driving it around in "annoying-mode" with the 4.10s and factory tune/ shift schedule, its becomign a real pita lately when left in overdrive, im getting some TC shutter also, so ill probably just do that, not gonna risk just j-modding and a fluid service on a trans with 138k

Go buy Chargers green one on Octi's. :)

Members online

Back