Need help locked my keys in car

SoonersLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
HELP LVC So I was cleaning my baby and I accidently locked the keys inside it even worse the car is running. Its sitting on the street right now running with my keys locked in there. Is there a way to get back in? Im gunna go get a coat hanger and see if I can break in brb

if u do use a hanger , use something rubber to create a gap between the door but have a microfiber handy so u wnt scratch the paint

Well, that didn't take long.

Enter the factory code or your personal code on the keypad on the door and get in that way.

Surely, you have more than one key?

Call a locksmith. It'll cost less than the damage you will do trying to get in.

Break out a side window, or if the windshield already needs replacement, break it.

:slam You're on a roll young one.

god dammit. dont have another key here and dont no what the door code is. Where is the battery???? is it under the engine? I was able to pry open the hood and in the box up front I dont see any + - connectors.....

the car had a full tank of gas in it how long will it run for if i cant turn it off?

Battery is located in the trunk, best course of action now is call a locksmith or someone that knws how to break into a car

[Write down your VIN and go immediately to your closest ford dealer for a new key. Take credentials with you

god dammit. dont have another key here and dont no what the door code is. Where is the battery???? is it under the engine? I was able to pry open the hood and in the box up front I dont see any + - connectors.....

The battery is in the trunk. Don't mess with the electrical connections up front, that won't get you in the car. It can get you a major repair bill. Speaking of which, I hope you didn't bend that aluminum hood, because it won't bend back.

weird, normally the car won't lock itself if the key is still inside (and running)

It most certainly will if you press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons on the outside of the driver's door at the same time. Also, if you lock the doors manually instead of with the inside button.

would not recommend messing with fuses and your electrical system , jst read something about blocking your exhaust with your shoe,that will stall your engine and not cause damage to it , but seems weird to me to so i wudnt do it , but i would still try to get a hold of a dealer or locksmith

car is still running LOL. what fuse can I pull to turn it off?

Let it run. That won't do any harm. All the other stuff you are thinking of might.
At this point, break a window or get a locksmith. You're going to have to do one or the other. Stopping the engine won't solve the problem of needing to get into the car.

my mom thinks the neighbors are going to call the cops if its out there running all night. how hot can a LS get from running. the needle on the left side it all the way towards the top. Is that the temparature?

I think I might have broke something when I pryed open the hood. I used my dads crowbar and jammed it under by the grill and hit the latch and now there is some little rocket thing on a wire that looks like it broke off

Don't pull the fuse, your car will fall for a banana in the tail pipe.

filepicker-iDeV6rwSdKBOxAcqaaUQ_tumblr_l2ryjzrAJb1qbs6n7o1_400-2dragged_zpsfcdb5466.jpg

i_zpsfde2d3d5.jpg

Dude never take a crowbar to a cars hood , and u didnt break anything, there is a sensor right under the grille that is held with tabs so when u pryed it with the crowbar u prob knocked it lose, not a big deal but stay away from the hood of the car with that crowbar

I think I might have broke something when I pryed open the hood. I used my dads crowbar and jammed it under by the grill and hit the latch and now there is some little rocket thing on a wire that looks like it broke off

That's the exterior temperature sensor for the climate control and the heated wiper parks.

my mom thinks the neighbors are going to call the cops if its out there running all night. how hot can a LS get from running. the needle on the left side it all the way towards the top. Is that the temparature?

If the cooling system is working correctly, it can sit there and idle for a few days and never get past the center (normal) mark.

Would've been cheaper to break a window or call a locksmith.

Don`t worry thats the fuel gauge. You did say it was full of gas

my friend said if i shove a potato in the muffler it will kill the engine. is this true? will it work better then the rags?

my friend said if i shove a potato in the muffler it will kill the engine. is this true? will it work better then the rags?

Yes, probably. The key will still be on and the battery will drain. This will shorten its life, possibly to the point that it will have to be replaced very soon.
It still seems to me that if you kill the engine, you will still be locked out of the car, and you will still have to break a window or call a locksmith. I'd go the locksmith route. Otherwise, pick one of the back side windows and break it out. Be careful cleaning up the glass so as not to cut up the seat.

This IMO is the easiest and cheapest method.

[video=youtube;M0v6O-sFl_g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0v6O-sFl_g[/video]

Members online

No members online now.
Back