I rarely "float my own Boat" but...........

American Air-1

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Those who know me, know I rarely brag on anything. Its just not in my DNA. The exception has to be the New Spider Extreme MR100. I'll have to say, without a doubt this IS my best work yet! Never has there been anything that(even my own designs) was this well thought out, did more and was just plain bad a**!

If you want something that cleans the air before & after it hits the system, vent really quick.....and you want to scare the crap out of anyone walking by, this is your baby. I say this from experience, as it made me jump at least 3 times in testing! :eek:

BTW, after the last minute redesign, the cost jumped about $75. I know this will cut down on the number of sales, but like always, I would rather sell 10 top of the line parts....than 50 so-so parts.

The real winners were the pre-order customers that saved $75 using the preorder deal.

BTW, in the works is:
1) An optional silencer for those who want the compressor protection without the loud venting noise.

2) A "Spider Jr." version that doesn't perform much protection, but vents really loud.

Awesome Eddie! You brought back the spider valve! :cool:

I'll definitely be adding one to my compressor and drier order in the near future.

Thanks!

Yes, it is back....and then some. I even tooled up a little where it won't take so long to build these things. If you liked how the previous Spider's worked....you'll LOVE the MR100!

As far as the struts go, I have been beating my head against the wall trying to find a leak on the new struts. In a 24 hour period, the front end will drop 1 inch. I going to speak with the manufacturer, but after leak testing, I really think its normal for this type of setup. This is a waaaaay different type of air bladder and mounting system than the Ford OEM "Rolling Lobe" type air bladder. The OEM air bladder is crimped top & bottom with nothing moving but the bladder itself. Our type of air spring has the big strut shaft going up through the top, so it has a tougher job to seal.

BTW, yes, it can be ordered online.

Not to change the subject Eddie but do Gold members on here get any kind of deal if one were to buy two new OEM struts? My compressor came from you two years ago and still runs perfectly but I have 98 struts on my 95 and one of them is leaking fairly quick. Just figured I'd get two and be done with it for a decade, hopefully.

Not to change the subject Eddie but do Gold members on here get any kind of deal if one were to buy two new OEM struts? My compressor came from you two years ago and still runs perfectly but I have 98 struts on my 95 and one of them is leaking fairly quick. Just figured I'd get two and be done with it for a decade, hopefully.

Man I wish I could. Honestly, I don't make jack on these to begin with, in fact, I need to raise the price up about $20 on a pair so as to make something. By the time you take out what I have to pay Visa or PayPal, it ain't much left.

BTW, I'm going up a few dollars on shipping tomorrow.

Hard thesse will no longer be made and sold. :-(

You are correct, it has been discontinued. The reason? Out of all the parts I've sold, rebuilt or produced, the Spider has always been the worst "Time Spent = Money Received" since day one. Sorry, but it was a business decision.

Members online

No members online now.
Back